Should the Second Amendment apply to Biden voters? Should gun businesses refuse to serve people who voted Biden

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just a hypothetical question. If a illegal is caught, and he’s carrying a firearm, then the only crime he should be charged with, is illegal immigration? Idk, but I’d that how it works in states with no firearm possession restrictions?
    If he surrenders peacefully, deport him. If he doesn't, shoot him.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I chose to vote for harm reduction. For as much as Biden wants to violate--and there's a lot--I don't that he's intent on genocide. Trump was actively conducting genocide according to the U.N. definition.
    stupid.gif

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It definitely depends on perception. But I will say again that 2020 was the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat for a national office, so Biden isn't exactly my tribe.

I chose to vote for harm reduction. For as much as Biden wants to violate--and there's a lot--I don't that he's intent on genocide. Trump was actively conducting genocide according to the U.N. definition.
    Well, I'm curious, I read the link and I'll pull the string. Which group(s) did Trump do these things to?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, I'm curious, I read the link and I'll pull the string. Which group(s) did Trump do these things to?
    Yeah, that's what I thought. He didn't do it to anybody.

I think the UN Genocide definition is also missing one component that every intelligent person realizes, which is that it's usually "involuntary," and doesn't result from situations people knowingly put themselves into.

Last edited:

NukaDadd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2021
    Marion County
    There's a reason why ballots are private. If someone asked who I voted for before I completed my transaction...not sure I'd want to do business with them TBH. They probably wouldn't like my answer, which wouldn't be "Biden" or "Trump"...

but "none of your GD business!". :patriot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just a hypothetical question. If a illegal is caught, and he’s carrying a firearm, then the only crime he should be charged with, is illegal immigration? Idk, but I’d that how it works in states with no firearm possession restrictions?
    If I were Grand Poohbah of the US (GPOTUS) yes. As a benevolent dictator, illegal aliens would be detained, firearms temporarily taken, reviewed to verify not stolen, and given back to them as they’re deported. If the country they’re being deported to does not allow firearm ownership, well, that’s not our problem.

Possession of firearms would not be illegal unless the right was stripped from the person by due process of course if it’s stolen.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I really can't name one historical event where guns prevented the govt. from silencing an American.
    Battle of Athens TN after WW2. Corrupt county officials and their sheriff enforcer stole the ballot boxes when they thought they were going to lose. Returning vets decided that wasn't the democracy they were defending and it was on.

That said, who was it who said "The pen is mightier than the sword"?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What I see is that they also claim the right holds beliefs that they actually don’t hold.
    IKR?

It kind of fascinating - it's like a bizzaro world where they act the same, yet all have goatees (or maybe lack of goatees).
    The rhetoric, arguments, absolutism, vilifying the "enemy", all the same in my eyes.

Like it or not, these folks are somewhat of strange bedfellows. They'll be the ones writing letters, "Dear Mr. President: I voted for you but totally disagree with your gun policy."

Battle of Athens TN after WW2. Corrupt county officials and their sheriff enforcer stole the ballot boxes when they thought they were going to lose. Returning vets decided that wasn't the democracy they were defending and it was on.

That said, who was it who said "The pen is mightier than the sword"?
    I think someone beat you to that a a couple of weeks ago. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You don't say? Sounds like a bunch of INGO members, only in reverse.
    Sure. But a major difference with INGO is that a few members seem to stoke that for all it's worth. If you disagree with what people say, state your case and discuss. But it's like a lot of it is disagreement for the sake of being disagreeable. That's not a conversation. That's bait.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure. But a major difference with INGO is that a few members seem to stoke that for all it's worth. If you disagree with what people say, state your case and discuss. But it's like a lot of it is disagreement for the sake of being disagreeable. That's not a conversation. That's bait.
    I contend that any opinion outside of “groupthink” is bait. The only issue someone should have with any opinion, is if it isn’t an honest belief held by the person conveying the thought. Is there someone here who secretly believe is on “your side,” but pretends not to be? No? Well that simply means you dont want to hear something outside of your own beliefs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I contend that any opinion outside of “groupthink” is bait. The only issue someone should have with any opinion, is if it isn’t an honest belief held by the person conveying the thought. Is there someone here who secretly believe is on “your side,” but pretends not to be? No? Well that simply means you dont want to hear something outside of your own beliefs.
    I think the difference is intent. I disagree often enough with a fairly wide range of people on INGO. The purpose is to discuss ideas. But it looks to me like for some people, the point of disagreement seems to be more get other people to "other" them. Why else wouldn't you explain yourselves?

People who take my posts in a way I know I didn't mean it, I'll make the effort to set the record straight. But there are more than a couple of you guys who don't do that. Not meaning to call anyone out, so I won't mention names. But at least one person will say stuff that I may actually agree with, but it's said in a way that makes it sound like he's an "other". And then when he's called that, he'll double down on the "other" speak instead of clearing the record. Why? Why not be straight up?

And as for you, why don't you talk a lot more about what you think about all these things rather than trying to trap people in argumentation. I don't know about others, but it makes me not trust you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, and you don't have to do groupthink. That can be bait. But it can also be conversation. How you talk about it makes the distinction. If you don't agree with what someone says, saying what you think is wrong about it isn't bait. It's a discussion about ideas.

Top Bottom