• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Not sure where to put this but had an interesting conversation with fellow LTCH'ers at gun store today. Question: would YOU support mandatory training as a prerequisite for getting a LTCH? If so, how long, etc?

I'm sorry, I didn't see that this was brought up a while back.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Let me get my 2 cents in before I get run outa Dodge. I think a lot of folks "Just want to carry a gun" with no idea of how to properly use it and no thought to the process of self defense, no sense of the rules and no knowledge of the laws governing gun use. I think Indiana should adapt a training program, with class room and range time for every applicant BEFORE they are issued a LTCH.
    We don't let people drive without training and testing, why put a gun in an untrained person's hand? Shouldn't we know that they can hit what they aim at?

No reason to think that way. A lot of people carry because they think it looks cool. But the majority actually train themselves to properly defend themselves. The smart ones pay money to get trained. Indiana SHOULDN'T adapt a training program. It'll cost too much, and they could change the requirement rules to prevent people from passing, so nobody could ever carry a gun. It's just a big mistake to even think like that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Do you also advocate training and licensing to use the 1st Amendment? The 4th? 5th?

Any other rights you want to crap on besides the 2nd?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Let me get my 2 cents in before I get run outa Dodge. I think a lot of folks "Just want to carry a gun" with no idea of how to properly use it and no thought to the process of self defense, no sense of the rules and no knowledge of the laws governing gun use. I think Indiana should adapt a training program, with class room and range time for every applicant BEFORE they are issued a LTCH.
    We don't let people drive without training and testing, why put a gun in an untrained person's hand? Shouldn't we know that they can hit what they aim at?

And which States training program would you adapt it from?!

I have been through several training programs that were State Sanctioned and Approved all were a complete and total waste of time, and money. Not to mention a complete insult to anyone who is halfway beyond illiterate...

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

:noway: With that thought process you are saying the GOVERNMENT would REGULATE firearms ONLY to QUALIFIED persons. How about people who want fiearms just for home defense? You said they need to be sure they can hit what they are aiming at...so why stop at just making people have training for an LTCH. With your logic you should have to have training to even PURCHASE a firearm.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'd rather not have any more restrictions placed on my (or my fellow citizens) fundamental God given right to be able to defend myself & my family (or themselves & their families).

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    No. But if they pass any law like this, they should refund the cost of the LTCH to anyone who gets training. Get a LTCH w/o training $125, pay $125 (or whatever) for training & LTCH is free. Ideally we would have an AZ/AK style system with off limits locations more like UT.

Top Bottom