• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    "Wokeism makes you lose, ruins your mind, and ruins you as a person. You become warped. You become demented. The US women's soccer team is a very good example of what's going on..”

-President Trump

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    American Women's Soccer Team Defeated After Opponents Play U.S. National Anthem During Game Forcing Them To Kneel The Whole Time
    July 27th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So do they have large crowds watching everyday while they practice day in day out? Seems to me that if you can perform daily in practice and again in the Olympic trials without the crowd, one should be able to perform just fine without the crowd in competition.
    Athletes have to often block out the crowd and do their thing.
    Most athletes have practiced so much that much of what they do is muscle memory and routine repetitive actions. Often to the point they don't have to think about it very much and almost instinctively do it. Sometimes an athlete screws up and recovers from it quickly, other times it leads to being in a slump. I think that's how the mental side really comes into play, how they deal with the adversity or let the adversity define them.

I think there is something else going on besides a mental struggle that suddenly can't be blocked out for a few minutes.

twirlies

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Athletes have to often block out the crowd and do their thing.

Perhaps all the wokeism protesting during the National Anthem is part of the problem. At the hockey games I attend the players on the ice remove their helmets and stand respectfully(*). If you look at their faces though they are using this time to get their head mentally set for the game. If you are busy using those few moments to protest whatever slight you feel burdened from living in America perhaps you are not mentally ready for your game.

(*) Except for one goalie. He stood respectfully but the whole time he was moving his skates back and forth as he stood 10 feet in front of the goal. At the end of the Anthem he had a nice big pile of shaved ice to mess up the other teams offense.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps all the wokeism protesting during the National Anthem is part of the problem. At the hockey games I attend the players on the ice remove their helmets and stand respectfully(*). If you look at their faces though they are using this time to get their head mentally set for the game. If you are busy using those few moments to protest whatever slight you feel burdened from living in America perhaps you are not mentally ready for your game.

(*) Except for one goalie. He stood respectfully but the whole time he was moving his skates back and forth as he stood 10 feet in front of the goal. At the end of the Anthem he had a nice big pile of shaved ice to mess up the other teams offense.
    Good point. I can see the whole protest thing wrecking an athletes focus.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, People of all ages, genders and sexual orientation, we're heading for a woke off in Olympic soccer.

Uber woke team USA faces off against Canada who has a bold, brave and beautiful transgender player.

Oddly enough, it's a biological female who has transitioned to a male. Frankly I hope Team USA protests the game until this bold, beautiful, brave MALE player is allowed to play on the Canadian men's team.

Funny how being trans only seems to go one way in sports, isn't it?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Yeah. Not sure if its because the sports are more "wierd" or the fact that in the summer, I'm always out doing something.
    There are a few of the sports not seen any other time I did like watching like water polo, equestrian events, field hockey etc. never did like gymnastics or the “big ticket” games. So, miss some, but not enough to make me watch.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yeah. Not sure if its because the sports are more "wierd" or the fact that in the summer, I'm always out doing something.
    I turned it on the other day, only to discover that badminton is actually an Olympic sport now. Seriously!

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    What's the issue with that? Have you ever played competitive badminton?
    Yes! I played competitively in college.. Chasing that birdie around with a racquet in one hand and a Stroh's in the other while not spilling a drop was hard!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom