• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    All the guns in my safe are unloaded, but presumed to be loaded. Any gun outsided my safe is loaded and can be treated that way! This is semantics, know the condition of your guns, for the sake of LIFE. Treat every gun as if it were loaded, for the sake of SAFETY.

Glad the OP survived to talk about it, and learn from it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    All the guns in my safe are unloaded, but presumed to be loaded. Any gun outsided my safe is loaded and can be treated that way! This is semantics, know the condition of your guns, for the sake of LIFE. Treat every gun as if it were loaded, for the sake of SAFETY.

Glad the OP survived to talk about it, and learn from it.
    All of this ^. :yesway:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Glad that the outcome was good considering everything that happened. Thanks for having the courage to post this. There are lessons to be learned here.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Thank you for posting this information. We must not neglect security of our firearms. I am glad that you survived this ordeal and can share your stories with others.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    If this was the incident on the east side of Indy, I was on that run. I was one of the fireman that responded. I remember you coming up to the firehouse after your recovery. I was very happy to see how well you were doing. God Bless.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Another important lesson here... If you come home and you house has been compromised, call the police!
    They have superior numbers, firepower, body armor and training. Plus it's their job and most would be more than happy to clear your home.

Glad you're still with us and glad they caught the POS.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If this was the incident on the east side of Indy, I was on that run. I was one of the fireman that responded. I remember you coming up to the firehouse after your recovery. I was very happy to see how well you were doing. God Bless.

Small world, INGO.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Scary. I am re-thinking some of my own "habits" as a result of your post. Thank you for sharing and glad you survived to tell the tale. God Bless.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    REPLIES......
    Yes, if I would have taken my truck gun, I would have been at the ready, and been able to shoot before he drew on me. Assuming things happened the same way they did in real life.
    I had taken my puppy for a walk the night before, and carried my Glock. Laziness took hold and the gun was not placed in the safe before I left for work.
    I 'replaced' my gun by buying another Glock 23 at Bradis, because, well I love my Glock, and my lovely wife agreed. And yes, when not on my PERSON, it's in the safe!!!

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your experience. We can all learn from it.

I'm very happy that you are alive and well. I hope you have a full recovery and live a long and happy life!

I do have a question, if it's not to personal, painful or something you wish not to talk about. I mean no disrespect by asking, I'm just the curious type and don't want to become a test subject to find out for myself.

Would you describe what's it's like to be shot? The initial impact and how you felt after realizing you were shot?

If you'd rather not discuss this, I fully understand.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    First: Glad to read your doing OK.

Second: Are you now getting to the place you get around do more?

Third: Thanks for taking the time to relate your story and advice, well received.

Top Bottom