• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this type of post.

I have a good friend who has been around firearms and training his whole life. He recently lost use of his dominant arm due to medical issues. For the time being, he still has function in his left arm. I'd love to get him out shooting again to cheer him up and keep spirits high.

If anyone has any recommendations on a bench rest for rifle or pistol that can be used with one hand I would greatly appreciate it. If you think this topic would be better suited in a different area, please let me know. Really any information would be helpful at this point. I've never done any bench style shooting and have no experience with it.

I'm not above ratchet strapping a rifle/rest to a table top. Just looking for any options. Thank you in advance for any help.

Picture of us doing some tannerite shooting a couple seasons ago.
    IMG_1661.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for the replies and showing that there are still good people left out there. Very appreciative!
    -Kyle
    I have a rifle rest that I'm not using, he can have it...PM me and I can send info, I'll take some pictures Gsxr I sent some pictures to you…

This is one thing about INGO, in my opinion, from 99% of other forums. Members will step up and help out as best they can.

Whether it be donations in a time of need, letting others try out new firearms, or a multitude of other things, INGO delivers damn near everytime :ingo:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not necessarily benchrest, more wheelchair, but since it was asked…
    I made a mount for a friend diagnosed with ALS who had built a rifle but didn’t get to shoot it before being confined to a wheelchair, here’s some pics…
    IMG_6509.png
    Hard to see in the above picture, but here’s the parts I had laying around and used…
    IMG_6510.png
    IMG_6511.jpeg
    Modified the above to quickly clamp or bolt to his wheelchair, without the computer shelf part of course.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve had shooters from small issues, to paralysis from the chest down. They make wrist mounted triggers, all kinds of stuff. If he’s right handed and it’s just his left armC check out the Caldwell stinger. Very simple, light weight, lead sled type, without the weight.

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    This is one thing about INGO, in my opinion, from 99% of other forums. Members will step up and help out as best they can.

Whether it be donations in a time of need, letting others try out new firearms, or a multitude of other things, INGO delivers damn near everytime :ingo:
    Yes I agree. MrSmitty and Creedmoor both went out of their way to help. I'll be sure to pay it forward when I get the opportunity.

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    Not necessarily benchrest, more wheelchair, but since it was asked…
    I made a mount for a friend diagnosed with ALS who had built a rifle but didn’t get to shoot it before being confined to a wheelchair, here’s some pics…
    View attachment 289441
    Hard to see in the above picture, but here’s the parts I had laying around and used…
    View attachment 289447
    View attachment 289448
    Modified the above to quickly clamp or bolt to his wheelchair, without the computer shelf part of course.
    Good idea. Thanks for the screenshots so I can look into those. ALS is the issue here as well.

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    I’ve had shooters from small issues, to paralysis from the chest down. They make wrist mounted triggers, all kinds of stuff. If he’s right handed and it’s just his left armC check out the Caldwell stinger. Very simple, light weight, lead sled type, without the weight.
    I'll also look into this. Thank you

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this type of post.

I have a good friend who has been around firearms and training his whole life. He recently lost use of his dominant arm due to medical issues. For the time being, he still has function in his left arm. I'd love to get him out shooting again to cheer him up and keep spirits high.

If anyone has any recommendations on a bench rest for rifle or pistol that can be used with one hand I would greatly appreciate it. If you think this topic would be better suited in a different area, please let me know. Really any information would be helpful at this point. I've never done any bench style shooting and have no experience with it.

I'm not above ratchet strapping a rifle/rest to a table top. Just looking for any options. Thank you in advance for any help.

Picture of us doing some tannerite shooting a couple seasons ago.
    View attachment 289095

Sounds like you're getting some helpful response already, and this might be another option. I believe it's called a chair pod, made now by a company called BOG, I think. This one was distributed by Caldwell when I bought it.

IMG_1195.JPG

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have used a camera tripod with a board mounted on top then glued a piece of fuzzy carpet to it. Gave a spot to rest the gun or hand while shooting.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Or use a Kopfjager K700 and do the 3d print thing for something a bit more portable.

Kopfjager on Amazon

46mm ball mount

The 3d Printed AR mount is strong enough that it holds the rifle, scope and everything else very securely.
    3D print AR cradle

I wanted a "universal" rifle clamp so printed this one:
    3D print rifle clamp

This printed clamp didn't work so well, but I liked the basic design so I bout a cheap one on Amazon:
    Amazon Generic Rifle mount

I liked the whole thing so well, I built a second setup for my nephew and be will be taking them to the southwest Colorado on an elk hunt this October.

Top Bottom