• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Please allow me to clarify. I apologize for starting the discussion with the issue I did. The point is that there are all different types of crimes that were tried by court martial and resulted in DD.

I do not know the scope of those crimes, but it is arguable that many of them were not for violence.

It has always been my contention that non violent crimes should usually not be classified as felonies. Therefore they should not not lose their rights beyond incarceration.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey, I never doubted your credentials. :D

So, which kind of separation from service would a homosexual usually get? :)

There used to be a thing called "undesirable" discharge (40s-70s, at least), possible an informal name, but that is an OTH. Again, in order for it to tip over to punitive (BCD or DD), there usually had to be more than simply being gay, though being found in the act, being involved with another service member (or spouse of one) and lying under oath could land you a punitive.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wow. I think many here think through what we would do in similar scenarios. I'm certain mist of us would react and act in the same way this man did. But like him, I'm not so sure how many truly understand what would come after. I know I don't. But this article does a nice job of shedding some light onto the aftermath.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

After reading that article I went upstairs and loaded 4 mags. It takes a long time to load a 30 round magazine. I couldn't imagine trying to do it under stress.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Another update, not so uplifting as the last one I provided:

Pair arrested after harassing pastor in Sutherland Springs

Two nutjobs have devised a theory that the Sutherland Springs church shootings did not happen, it was a hoax staged by the government. They went to the church itselfj (not during services, apparently), filming themselves with GoPro cameras. The pastor contacted them when they started writing on poster boards left for well-wishers to leave messages for the church. The guy nutjob told the pastor, whose 14 yo daughter was killed, that his daughter did not exist, that was part of the hoax apparently. Sheriff deputies hauled them off and a look at their Go-Pro videos showed the guy nutjob handling a firearm at one point, hiding it in their truck and telling female nutjob to tell the cops it was hers if they find it. Turns out guy nutjob has a felony conviction for burglary. Ding Ding! A search of the couple's house turned up more guns and ammo, and now both are facing federal charges related to felon-in-possession.

This happened in March of 2018, but somehow I didn't hear about it until a couple recent stories popped up:

Judge sends Sutherland Springs conspiracy theorist to psych ward
    'Conspiracy Granny' found mentally competent, seeks bail in San Antonio federal court

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Another update, not so uplifting as the last one I provided:

Pair arrested after harassing pastor in Sutherland Springs

Two nutjobs have devised a theory that the Sutherland Springs church shootings did not happen, it was a hoax staged by the government. They went to the church itselfj (not during services, apparently), filming themselves with GoPro cameras. The pastor contacted them when they started writing on poster boards left for well-wishers to leave messages for the church. The guy nutjob told the pastor, whose 14 yo daughter was killed, that his daughter did not exist, that was part of the hoax apparently. Sheriff deputies hauled them off and a look at their Go-Pro videos showed the guy nutjob handling a firearm at one point, hiding it in their truck and telling female nutjob to tell the cops it was hers if they find it. Turns out guy nutjob has a felony conviction for burglary. Ding Ding! A search of the couple's house turned up more guns and ammo, and now both are facing federal charges related to felon-in-possession.

This happened in March of 2018, but somehow I didn't hear about it until a couple recent stories popped up:

Judge sends Sutherland Springs conspiracy theorist to psych ward
    'Conspiracy Granny' found mentally competent, seeks bail in San Antonio federal court

These roaches seem to breed on this stuff. Not sure how I would have received the news my dead daughter acttually did not exist. Man that sucks.

More recently:

Sutherland Springs pastor announces run for Texas Senate
    He is running in my state senate district, which unfortunately is represented by a Democrat at the moment. More power to him but it will be a big hill to clime. My county is very Republican, but it might be the only one in the district.

Good on him.

Top Bottom