• ...and so much more!
  • StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Finalize this argument.

You go to the 1500, signs everywhere NO GUNS.

You are carrying concealed with a valid LTCH. Do you unarm, and strap your gun, or keep in concealed and continue to rub asses with fat smelly guys.

Then, if approached about it by a cop, does it become a trespass issue (Mr Sir, you need to leave the building) or ........?

Ready?

Go!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Carry everywhere it is not illegal.

"No Guns" signs carry no weight of law.

You must be leave if asked(for any reason), or possibly face tresspassing charges.

A sign doesn't deny entry.
    Caveat: Unless it specifically says "entry is prohibited for those strapped with a hogleg" or something to that effect...and I don't even know if there is any case-law to prove it but you don't want to be the president setter.).

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Carry everywhere it is not illegal.

"No Guns" signs carry no weight of law.

You must be leave if asked(for any reason), or possibly face tresspassing charges.

A sign doesn't deny entry.
    Caveat: Unless it specifically says "entry is prohibited for those strapped with a hogleg" or something to that effect...and I don't even know if there is any case-law to prove it but you don't want to be the president setter.).

You are good to go, just CC and all will be well.

Every 1500 I've ever been to, the police officer just inside the door asks if you have any firearms.
    Do you intend to lie to the officer?
    Would this be a "false reporting" offense?

I am not a lawyer, but I suggest you contact one before becoming a test case.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I CC at the 1500. I have adopted the same interpretation as in the gun shops (discussed on INGO on another thread). I interpret the sign to mean NO UNHOLSTERED GUNS. My gun stays in the holster and it is safe. If they ask me to leave, I will leave.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    One reason they do that is to control theft. The orange band means it was your gun and checked in upon entry. If you are caught with a gun that doesn't have a band or receipt, it could get tricky.

I've never seen anyone patted down, it's all honor system.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Every 1500 I've ever been to, the police officer just inside the door asks if you have any firearms.
    Do you intend to lie to the officer?
    Would this be a "false reporting" offense?

I am not a lawyer, but I suggest you contact one before becoming a test case.

Every time I've gone, the person asking if I have any firearms is the person earning $7/hour taking tickets. The police officers are off to the side busy strapping firearms.

recon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Lafayette
    I do. Concealed means concealed. If you think that for any reason you would have to unholster it, (getting sights installed etc) then I would get it strapped.

Top Bottom