• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Personally I am not selling anything. For one thing if you sell to a "Stranger" they could tell an unknown amount of people that you have firearms then you may be a target when the looting starts. Now if a close friend or family member needs something like that, you would just have to evaluate the risk. BTW IMHO, SHTF has already happened to a small degree. We'll just have to see if more SHTF.
    And this is why you don't provide strangers with your personal info on a bill of sale or anything else. I will meet you in a parking lot somewhere and give you my first name and you have my INGO handle. I have to know you before you get much more than that.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Saw a guy from Fort Wayne selling 1000 rds of 762x39 for $800 on armslist. I wonder if he'll get any interest...

I've noticed the milsurp rifles I had for sale aren't moving at all but I've also scored a couple good deals on collector rifles.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    One thing I find locally is how many people are trying to take advantage of the situation by looking to buy at firesale prices. Seen posts on facebook looking for "bangs". Then they respond with wanting AR's for 300. LOL. Maybe if they were offering a few rolls of TP.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    One thing I find locally is how many people are trying to take advantage of the situation by looking to buy at firesale prices. Seen posts on facebook looking for "bangs". Then they respond with wanting AR's for 300. LOL. Maybe if they were offering a few rolls of TP.

Unfortunately we will always have people looking for a quick flip.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Saw a guy from Fort Wayne selling 1000 rds of 762x39 for $800 on armslist. I wonder if he'll get any interest...

I've noticed the milsurp rifles I had for sale aren't moving at all but I've also scored a couple good deals on collector rifles.

I seen that and laughed.

I've sold off some small amounts of factory plinking ammo since I reload to some coworkers who wanted 100rds or less. Gives me more cash on hand if needed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't worry about trading with "strangers" as I only trade out of the INGO classifieds. The ability to vet who you are dealing with through their post history is golden.

Even INGOers with low post counts have some skin in the game. I have had practically no problems dealing with INGO members, including many with low post counts.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's an option?! With this COVID-19 thing, the amount of 1040's I've filed is down... and daddy needs his fix of government paperwork.

giphy.gif
    Plenty of ,gov paperwork at the unemployment office?;)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Personally I am not selling anything. For one thing if you sell to a "Stranger" they could tell an unknown amount of people that you have firearms then you may be a target when the looting starts. Now if a close friend or family member needs something like that, you would just have to evaluate the risk. BTW IMHO, SHTF has already happened to a small degree. We'll just have to see if more SHTF.
    Youre doing it wrong.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Stranger versus extended family...

Say I was still going to church, I would help a fellow out if they had a family to protect.

I wouldn't just give them a gun/ammo and say good luck. Well, unless there's an alien invasion or some other reason we have to BUG OUT NOW from the area.

If they were new to guns I'd insist on training him, making sure he can shoot some through it, enough to break it in if a new gun. Make sure it's cleaned. Make sure they know gun safety rules. This is panic buying, by people who suddenly realize that when seconds count, the police are just minutes away (nothing against law enforcement.)

So, being a responsible seller is to our benefit in the long run. The world will make it through this current crisis. And what we leave in our wake is our own responsibility and legacy. We will be judged by our actions.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think we did get a check on that one, didn't we? Like $600 or something?

I think you are thinking about the payroll tax cut that was done lowering the % on Social Security for a while there. That was different.

The last one was through payroll, and there was a lot of speculation that it was the wrong way to do it, i.e. there should have been physical checks, something tangible that has more mental impact.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Perhaps you might become the looter, and I want to buy as many guns and ammo to get it out of your hands.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The last one was through payroll, and there was a lot of speculation that it was the wrong way to do it, i.e. there should have been physical checks, something tangible that has more mental impact.

Yes, the last one was. That was not the one to which I was referring to in 2001.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Nope, couple of page online survey was it for us.

Interesting thing is that they wanted to know who would be living here around 1-Apr which will skew the results given current situation (and said normally don't count college kids away at school ... which seems interesting given that they are residents here... but didn't matter since due to current situation both of mine have come home and will be here during that specified time anyway).

So sounds like you got the random longer version? Did you file a complaint and that got the census folks in a tizzy?
    No, I only gave # of residents, name and ages. They called my phone a few days later to try and pry for the rest of their info and I told 'em that's all they were gettin and don't waste my time. She said she would mark me down as non-compliant and was turning my case over the DOJ. Silly threats. Probably got bigger things to worry about now. Hell, I was hoping it'd go straight to the top so I could finally meet Trump! :rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The census people are not happy with me. I was told my case was being forwarded to the Dept. of Justice. :laugh:
    I told her "sounds good!"

Sidenote: anyone else get a fifty+ page book they wanted you to fill out this time around?

All I got was a letter with the website listed to do it online. Took all of 5 minutes, if that.

Top Bottom