Selling a rifle: should the person have an LTCH?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Like it's been said, the pink card is no guarantee. Everyone carries ID and they shouldn't have a problem flashing it to show residency and age. I don't agree with some of the gun restrictions, but someone trying to skirt the rules is probably doing it for nefarious reasons.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've bought/sold/traded over the years through INGO, Armslist and another more discreet listing avenue and have never had a problem.

In my ads for WTS or WTT I do state that they must show ID and sign a sales receipt which states that they are allowed by Indiana law to legally possess a firearm and serial numbers are written on the sales receipt. I've made some good friends through buying/selling/trading firearms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I have seen your items listed on the other site and to frank i have had 3 people that had felonies try to purchase when i used that site, i got there name nd ran them on my case now if they ever had a felony outside of indiana it wont show there! i b
    no longer use that site myself!!!!!!!
    WHAT?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Like it's been said, the pink card is no guarantee. Everyone carries ID and they shouldn't have a problem flashing it to show residency and age. I don't agree with some of the gun restrictions, but someone trying to skirt the rules is probably doing it for nefarious reasons.
    Edit, I was thinking about trades out in the wild, not on INGO. I'd definitely get a DNA sample on INGO.

shane947

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    Fishers
    I was selling a TC barrel here in the Classifieds & a member graciously told me that it wasn't necessary for a buyer to have an LTCH to buy a barrel legally.
    I have another question.
    Does a person need to have an LTCH to legally buy a rifle from an individual?

shane947

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    Fishers
    A person doesn't need to have a LTCH to purchase any handgun or rifle from an individual or business
    I see this post is a few years old. So now you license is needed to purchase a handgun. (never really was). Never needed it to purchase a part like a barrel. No license is required ever to purchase or carry a long gun in Indiana.

Top Bottom