KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Courts do not care about that. If/when he is caught, he has a right to review evidence against him. The weapon used is one of those items. If we use a firearm against someone, it gets entered into property as evidence. If it is a department issued weapon, we'll never see it again, we are issued a replacement. If it is a personal firearm, like a patrol rifle, it could be years before I get it back. It's a self defense weapon. It was used to defend your life. It has done it's job. Write it off and buy a replacement.
    Thank you for your insight and perspective on these matters Denny. The wheels of the justice system, grind slow, but at this point, it is required to be there in the property room.

I know you are not a fan of the property room, but we do realize it has a roll.

Now, as far as after everything is done…

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was involved in a self defense situation couple years ago. Taking a buddy to sell one of his guns. Long story made short my buddy was shot and I shot one of the aggressors. But now the guy who tried robbing us is still on the run and I tried doing a firearm retrieval but they denied it. Because he is still on the run. why are they still wanting to hold onto my firearm when I’m not the criminal here? They should run the forensics and return my gun right?
    Of course it should be promptly returned as soon as you're cleared in the shooting.
    Any testing they claim to need should be done promptly or they lose their chance.

There needs to be a law that your firearm will be promptly returned as soon as it's determined no charges will be filed.

And there should be a small window of time for them to do any testing they claim to need, after which they must return it regardless.
    AND if they refuse, there should be some key people in the local government in the chain of authority that will be held PERSONALLY liable.

THIS anti-gun policy that Marion County uses to bypass the right to bear arms is why I never carry a pistol that I have a lot of money in here.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The Courts do not care about that. If/when he is caught, he has a right to review evidence against him. The weapon used is one of those items. If we use a firearm against someone, it gets entered into property as evidence. If it is a department issued weapon, we'll never see it again, we are issued a replacement. If it is a personal firearm, like a patrol rifle, it could be years before I get it back. It's a self defense weapon. It was used to defend your life. It has done it's job. Write it off and buy a replacement.
    People hate it when when their wants are cancelled out by other peoples rights. Good guy bad guy the same rules apply.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    This is spot on. When my mower was stolen I ended up just buying another one, even though the perp was caught & it sat in evidence after I identified it. (The grass wouldn't wait...) It sux, but thats the legal system. Hopefully you'll get it back eventually: I now have 2 mowers

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is why I went back to carrying a stock HK P series or G19, G26 for daily use. Dupes are on the shelf, vetted and ready to go.
    I couldn’t imagine my Dan Wesson Valor laying in the evidence locker indefinitely. But… If it played out and that’s what happened though so be it.

Carry a non custom vetted reliable pistol. Have a duplicate at home with a stack of factory mags and a pile of ammo.
    Carry on.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Exactly why I carry my inexpensive and common 92fs.

If it gets used and taken in an incident I can just go get another one and not be out much. Or it will be my excuse to buy a CZ.
    BIngo...this is exactly why I don't want to carry an expensive firearm. I'll stick with a Beretta, a Glock, or an S&W M&P Series pistol...relying on one's that are both accurate and reliable, but not expensive!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom