• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    I am in the process of booking my honeymoon, and the rental agreement on the cabin we are looking at reads as follows,

"No Loud noise, loud music, firearms, fireworks, house parties nor obnoxious,
    dangerous, or unlawful behavior will be tolerated."

Are they banning the discharge of firearms, or possession? Is this legal?

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    I remember back when i used to live in a rather nasty apartment complex, they had the same anti-constitutional thing on there lease agreement... If the neighbors can play there loud hip-hop and perform such a wide array of illegal activities, than I'll keep my d@#n guns.

Well, if your wife cant resist the Stalin Inn, than you must oblige... You'll just have to travel CC.

I concur with the other gentleman's hypothesis... Screwum, they can KMA:):

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I look at it this way...

If you take a gun and don't have to use it no one will be the wiser.

If you take a gun and you DO have to use it, you're not going to give a rat's ass whether the management knows you brought it. You'll have far bigger fish to fry, not to mention the fact that you and your bride will both be alive to tell the management to pound sand.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I personally take a handgun with me , no matter what state I go to . I will take the chance ....."Better safe than Sorry " logic.
    You don`t have to let everyone know you have one..................

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Like a few others have suggested, cc your weapon and nobody will be the wiser. On the off chance you have to use it your vacation will be over anyways. The worst the vacation place could do is ask you to leave, and at that point I would imagine you would want to.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    To me, that reads like a noise/disturbance clause. It doesn't fall under 'weapons', but in the same list as 'house parties' and 'obnoxious...behavior'.

F 'em, take the gun.

Where's this cabin at anyway?

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Unfortunately private property owners do have the right to restrict firearms on their property. That being said if this is the place that your and/or your wife really want to stay at then I would personally take my sidearm with me. How would the resort/hotel know you even had it? Will they be searching you and your luggage upon check-in? I would much rather have my sidearm with me and not need it than need my sidearm and not have it.
    One word of caution: Do not leave your sidearm in the room while you are away. The cleaning staff will freak out if they see it while cleaning your room. Also if your room has a safe I would be very cautious about what I store in it. Most safes in hotel/resorts have default key codes that most of the staff are aware of, thus making the safes not very safe for securing a weapon or other valuables.

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    The cabin is in the smoky mountain area.

I have noticed, a number of cabin rental companies in the area all have the same clause, word for word, in their agreements. That kinda rules out going with a different cabin.

We planned on taking side arms, but I had thought about taking the 12ga and leaving it in a locked box in the cabin while we were gone.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    If you're talking Smokies, then I'd bet the farm on it being noise/nuisance related. The Smokies area is a big anti- noise pollution area, including no fly zones and whatnot. No helicopter tours into the park itself for this reason. Thats why they're out at Sevierville instead of in Gatlinburg.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Meh. Don't worry about it. We always rent a cabin when we visit the Smokies. Legally carried firearms have never been an issue. Might be a good time to conceal, though.

It IS a legal policy. They could certainly choose to enforce it.

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    I always take a gun with me when I travel, mostly to state and national park camping, and will always. Better to be safe than sorry for my own families well being.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you're not going through customs or TSA screening, you'll be fine. Just CC and be discrete.

My honeymoon is booked for this October; we're going out of the country, so unfortunately I will have to go unarmed. Its something I have been thinking of, too. As long as our cruise ship doesn't run into pirates we'll hopefully be fine.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    BlueEagle, I've been on several cruises and enjoyed them all... but I recently saw a documentary on the "Security" of cruise lines, or lack thereof, and it was concerning!

Basically there are ZERO trained security personel on most cruise lines. As you know, there are 2-5 thousand people on those ships and they made it sound like ZERO firearms are onboard. This has me rethinking my next cruise.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    My honeymoon is booked for this October; we're going out of the country, so unfortunately I will have to go unarmed. Its something I have been thinking of, too. As long as our cruise ship doesn't run into pirates we'll hopefully be fine.
    If Steven Segal is the chef you'll be just fine! Wait a minute, wrong movie.....:ingo:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    BlueEagle, I've been on several cruises and enjoyed them all... but I recently saw a documentary on the "Security" of cruise lines, or lack thereof, and it was concerning!

Basically there are ZERO trained security personel on most cruise lines. As you know, there are 2-5 thousand people on those ships and they made it sound like ZERO firearms are onboard. This has me rethinking my next cruise.

I'm willing to risk the odds to spend 9 days out with my then-wife. I'll have to improvise, if need arises.

If we skip the cruise, the only thing I'll have to worry about defending myself against will be my wife...I think I would rather risk the couple thousand people on the cruise, honestly. :dunno:

Top Bottom