• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    OK... So tell us how the 10th Amendment gives States the right to secede. Especially interested in how they can do that if none of the "authorities" support that view.

I know you wnat States to be able to secede, but I just don't think there is any reasonable support for that. But I'm open to hear why you think that.

Nowhere does the constitution of the States say a state cannot seceede. In fact, the 10th makes clear that any power not delegated to the central government is retained by the State and the people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nowhere does the constitution of the States say a state cannot seceede. In fact, the 10th makes clear that any power not delegated to the central government is retained by the State and the people.
    There are exactly two ways a state may succeed. 1) consent of the united states (note not capitalized), 2) revolution.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't really see state secession so much as states reshaping themselves along urban and rural lines because of the perceived values. Even examples like West Virginia during the civil war won't happen because the dc curia will be faced with additional red senators. I see it along more gradual lines where areas start tax revolts and local government refuses to enforce dc, or large urban, decrees at their level. What happens after that we'll just have to see.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I just hope it happens while I can still see well enough to shoo... err ... recognize what is happening

I really don't think that anybody in power now has enough Stalin in them to use force, or if they could even find the force to use. They might find out like Eric Honecker that the man with the gun simply is not going to enforce their decrees. It's still America, at least where I live.:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Merrick Garland?

Looking into Garland's background you'll find he's just another chicago machine cog, somebody has been telling him what to do his entire career in public life. Today he gets his instructions from whoever gives joe instructions. That's the person or group that really needs to be brought out into the light as that's not who people voted for.

I really can't see feds showing up in MRAPS at county courthouses telling everybody that they are in charge. Troops have been used through history to restore order, but there's a difference between riots and simple non compliance.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That's one take. From ideologues. Who would tend to interpret things within their own ideological whims. So how do you answer the question outside of your own ideological whim?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't really see state secession so much as states reshaping themselves along urban and rural lines because of the perceived values. Even examples like West Virginia during the civil war won't happen because the dc curia will be faced with additional red senators. I see it along more gradual lines where areas start tax revolts and local government refuses to enforce dc, or large urban, decrees at their level. What happens after that we'll just have to see.
    I agree. It’s happening now. People are self-sorting. People are fleeing from California to redder states. When I heard Californians were moving to FL, I thought, oh ****. They’re gonna turn Florida blue. That obviously didn’t happen. I think the people who are leaving are mostly right leaning independents and Republicans who have realized they’ve lost the battle in the bat **** crazy states.

I don’t think we’re ready to talk about secession of states. Yet.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Secession...

that-is-so-four-score--seven-years-ago--abraham-lincoln-tshirt-mens-regular-ash.jpg

The problem is not that the government refuses to follow the constitution. The problem is that a large majority of the people don't really want a government that follows the constitution. Secession won't fix that.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I agree. It’s happening now. People are self-sorting. People are fleeing from California to redder states. When I heard Californians were moving to FL, I thought, oh ****. They’re gonna turn Florida blue. That obviously didn’t happen. I think the people who are leaving are mostly right leaning independents and Republicans who have realized they’ve lost the battle in the bat **** crazy states.

I don’t think we’re ready to talk about secession of states. Yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Woops my bad, I thoughtt the title was,
    Sarcasm an Academic Discussion.
    "Putcha, putcha, putcha," the Taprisiot said. "This is a remark which I will now translate in the only way that may make sense to ones like yourselves of Sol/Earth ancestry. What I said was, 'I question your sincerity.' "

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Are not more states, now, in a state of insurrection than preceding the civil war?
    Illegal aliens, mary jane, guns, voting rights, ICE car use, reparations, forced "medical" treatments for work/school. Many states currently, openly, defy, ignore or circumvent fed laws or the constitution.

Top Bottom