Seattle taxing gun owners to pay for gun violence!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    They should have passed a law taxing criminal behavior... assessing a fine or penalty every time someone does something illegal would surely impact crime. Right?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    They should have passed a law taxing criminal behavior... assessing a fine or penalty every time someone does something illegal would surely impact crime. Right?

Purple missing. That is liberal logic 101. There should also be laws against heroin and cocaine -- that would keep them off the streets.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like a poll tax
    Yep. You called it.

"The Seattle ordinance is nothing but a 'poll tax' on the Second Amendment and an effort to drive Seattle's firearms retailers out of business," said National Shooting Sports Foundation General Counsel Lawrence Keane, a plaintiff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah I posted the first link that I came upon which titles it as seemingly just an NRA deal but as the link you posted points out it is a concerted effort.

I just posted a second link, because the media sucks, and I like to try to find different sources.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Under "normal" prices, a nickel a round would be between 166% and 250% tax.
    Before all this craziness started leading up to the 2008 elections, 550 rds of Federal .22LR ran about $11.00.
    People complained if they paid $15.00. I don't begrudge the business their profit, that's what keeps the economy moving, but I have a problem with artificial inflation caused by fear of something being regulated out of existence.

Maybe we (those of us who own guns and don't live there) should start taxing Seattle to pay for the excess costs we now incur looking for a brick of .22LR?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Blessings,
    Bill

DWT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Has Seattle said what they will do with people mail ordering into the city? And don't they know that a WHOLE lot more businesses will pop up just outside the city limits? Ever see those borderline fireworks or lottery stands?

Top Bottom