• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Just seen on CNN that California is imposing a $25 per firearm sold tax and a 5-10 cent per round sold tax :( - guess I should start reloading before Indiana or the Fed follows suit - anyone have anymore info on this?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You see, California is a state that takes up a little more than half of the west coast of the continental U.S., but there are two others. One of those states is Washington. In Washington is a gloomy, moss covered city named Seattle, where all kinds of weird things happen.

Seattle City Council votes to adopt 'gun violence tax' | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
    it was reported as California - thanks for the correction - I guess reporting facts isnt important to CNN

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    it was reported as California - thanks for the correction - I guess reporting facts isnt important to CNN

When has it been?

The revenue would be used for gun safety research and gun violence prevention programs.
    ...and I'd like to see the money tracked to see if more than, say, 3% actually goes to programs about guns as claimed and the rest into the general fund. Given what kind of programs they would have, it's probably best if no money goes to them...but I suspect the people of Seattle are being lied to, nonetheless.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    When has it been?

...and I'd like to see the money tracked to see if more than, say, 3% actually goes to programs about guns as claimed and the rest into the general fund. Given what kind of programs they would have, it's probably best if no money goes to them...but I suspect the people of Seattle are being lied to, nonetheless.

Probably go to relief from the new minimum wage law. But isn't SAF claiming preemption?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Probably go to relief from the new minimum wage law. But isn't SAF claiming preemption?

There will be litigation.

I can't speak for Seattle proper, but I've been in some of the surrounding areas. Going after the gun here, as everywhere, is wrongheaded and ignores the real problem. There's a reason why the show "Cops" spent so much time out there. There's this awesome combo platter of tweakers, and wanna be gang bangers that makes for all sorts of fun. Yeah- the legally bought guns and ammo are the problem.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seattle might as well be in California, it fits right in.

One of my cousins is a Boeing engineer and has lived in Seattle for 30 years. I saw him just this past 4th of July and he was talking about all the negatives about Californians making the move to Seattle. The only positive, he said, is that his house is worth a lot more money, but since everyone else's is to, he can't really afford to upgrade, so it's a wash.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    When has it been?

The last smart thing done by the people of Seattle was likely letting the Sonics go rather than cave to big money extortion.

Top Bottom