Seattle taxing gun owners to pay for gun violence!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

kmoffett71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Plainfield
    You have got to be kidding me. I just don't understand why no one, in the law, is looking at the real issue, as the article states. Fix the problem rather than making new ones.....geeez...i feel like we are losing!!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Well heck, while we are at it, why not go after beer, liquor, and wine manufacturers to recoup the costs of drunk driving, and the car manufacturers for costs incurred by all other car accidents, and then there is the entire food industry, they are responsible for people being fat, right?

I don't think we are losing, I think we are lost already.

kmoffett71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Plainfield
    I think you are on to something Sling10. I think we need to see about raising taxes, or in this case adding taxes, on it all. I have never heard such ridiculousness.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    These things never work and they never learn. They just double down. Seattle is one of the most liberal cities in the country, a close second to San Francisco. Interesting that just across Puget Sound is KITSAP naval base, which is the home base for the Ohio Class USS Nebraska, SSBN 739, which my nephew commands. I really enjoyed visiting the base. But the time I spent in Seattle was more than enough. They make it hard on gun owners but marijuana is legal. Go figure.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Looking for reason on the left-coast is like looking for groceries in the hardware store! For example: my brother (a small contractor) told me that 12 years ago when there was a recession and the portland city hall was losing tax revenue, they decided to levy a tax on businesses for each employee they still had.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Why do they want gun and ammo buyers to pay for gun violence? Why do they want more gun violence? Don't they have enough? I hear San Francisco is already complaining because Seattle is stealing some of theirs.
    And why does Seattle have to be so greedy? Isn't there really enough gun violence to go around?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Washington state prohibits local governments from adopting laws related to firearms unless those local ordinances are specifically authorized by state law. ...
    "The courts aren't going to buy it," he said. "This is not authorized by state law, and therefore it's not going to hold up."

Seattle City Council votes to adopt 'gun violence tax' | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

If the state law is as broad as stated, I think Seattle is going to have a rough time keeping their ordinance.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Was in the area recently. In a city south of Tacoma, saw a building which housed two separate businesses, each with a large sign on the wall - legal marijuana and guns. Didn't get a chance to check them out or take a picture. America - what a country!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    You're missing the point. This has nothing to do with "reducing gun violence". It's nothing more than an attempt to drive gun stores out of business.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You're missing the point. This has nothing to do with "reducing gun violence". It's nothing more than an attempt to drive gun stores out of business.

For a certain segment of the population, gun ownership has been linked in their minds to violence. For them, it truly makes sense. They'll need to be slapped around in court as a result.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Seattle is About to Pass a New Law That is Sure to Have Second Amendment Supporters Up in Arms

Seattle city council president Tim Burgess argues that the tax, which is expected to generate $300,000-500,000 per year, will provide the city with funds to research the causes of gun violence.

I do not see the need to spend $300,000-$500,000 for research. It is not Gun violence, it is violence..

Yea, exactly, what about "hand violence", "bat violence", "hammer violence", "random accessible object violence", and all the others that occur more than "gun violence".

It's violence, doesn't matter what tool is involved.

Top Bottom