• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    When I got home I had a message on my answering machine from CVS informing me that my prescription was ready for pick-up. I called them back and said that I do not use CVS for my prescriptions. The pharmacist informed me that WalMart was out of the medication, so they transferred my prescription to them. They had my name, my address, and my social security number. I told them that I don’t take that drug, and had never heard of the doctor who prescribed it. They said they would check on it and call me back. It turns out that it was transferred for someone else with a “similar name” and incorrectly entered under my name. I have a VERY UNCOMMON last name, so I find that hard to believe. The scary thing is that I looked up the drug, and 25% of the people who take it have severe reactions to it, and if I was an elderly pill popping person, I would have just gone in and picked up the prescription. The more I learn about the medical profession, the more I distrust it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I got home I had a message on my answering machine from CVS informing me that my prescription was ready for pick-up. I called them back and said that I do not use CVS for my prescriptions. The pharmacist informed me that WalMart was out of the medication, so they transferred my prescription to them. They had my name, my address, and my social security number. I told them that I don’t take that drug, and had never heard of the doctor who prescribed it. They said they would check on it and call me back. It turns out that it was transferred for someone else with a “similar name” and incorrectly entered under my name. I have a VERY UNCOMMON last name, so I find that hard to believe. The scary thing is that I looked up the drug, and 25% of the people who take it have severe reactions to it, and if I was an elderly pill popping person, I would have just gone in and picked up the prescription. The more I learn about the medical profession, the more I distrust it.
    The SSN aspect would bother me the most on that, let alone HPPA concerns.

So you have confirmed that it was legit CVS, and had you ever done prescription business with them ever in the past?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The SSN aspect would bother me the most on that, let alone HPPA concerns.

So you have confirmed that it was legit CVS, and had you ever done prescription business with them ever in the past?
    Yes, I confirmed that it WAS CVS. They had my info on file from back when I got my covid test.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, I confirmed that it WAS CVS. They had my info on file from back when I got my covid test.
    Ok, so that at least makes sense (them having your info, for a previous business purpose). Still interesting on the Walmart front that they would transfer you to another provider without some consent.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I ditched CVS last year. They kept running out of my meds and either transferred me to Walgreens for them or asked my doc to prescribe an alternative. Switched to Walgreens and no more problems.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Medical error is the third leading cause of death...

???

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

???

CDC does not acknowledge or record medical error as a cause of death.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

CDC does not acknowledge or record medical error as a cause of death.
    Then who does? I know it happens, no denying that, but I'd like to see some numbers.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Jeesh. Was that study there or did you add it later? Sorry...completely missed it.
    It was part of my reply but kinda looks like a quoted post.

There's a fair amount of debate on exactly how common medical error deaths are. You can vary the number up and down by how you choose to define and calculate a "medical error death", and it always has to be extrapolated from random samples because you can't comb through detailed medical records on all 2.8-3m people who die in a year. But estimates range from very common to staggeringly common.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    CVS has NOT a Clue about Rx's. Too few, NOT Enough, Wrong Meds, Labeled Incorrectly. Pharmacist that cannot Comprehend English, let alone a Script. Rx Robo Calls non stop, Software not working Correctly

Top Bottom