• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I can't speak for everyone, but I personally have a hard time willingly handing over my money to someone calling me a douchebag. There are plenty of other vendors out there who treat me like they value my business.
    I don't get the butthurt. If a bakery can deny service to a select group of people and that's OK, then why isn't this? Colour me confused.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    They're entitled to their opinion just like we and others like us are entitled to not spend our money there. I have no problems with a business posting a sign like that as it makes my choices of what establishments I would like to patronize that much shorter!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Business owner is entitled to his views, and to run his business as sees fit. Don't have to like it, don't have to patronize the business...end outrage.

If somebody disregarded his sign, however, and the owner realized somebody was CC'ing in his establishment...I wonder if his sign constitutes force of law (ie. CCer is breaking a statue) or if he can simply be asked to leave.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get the butthurt. If a bakery can deny service to a select group of people and that's OK, then why isn't this? Colour me confused.
    This is true. We should either all be allowed to sue for discrimination, or we should all just get over it and move to the next business that accepts our lifestyles. As it stands parts of society loose in both cases and other parts win in both cases.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I don't think the bakery hung a sign up calling the select group a distinctive name! For me, I've seen many no guns allowed signs, first time I've seen a place of business call ya a douchebag for doing so!, , , what color is the color of confused??

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    While the insult is not warranted, it's their property. While we all disagree with the owner's rule it's still his business. Gun carrying citizens can do their part by not spending money there.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    While the insult is not warranted, it's their property. While we all disagree with the owner's rule it's still his business. Gun carrying citizens can do their part by not spending money there.

I don't think it's the rule that has people riled, or most people anyway. It's the editorial commentary that accompanies it. If there was an establishment that I liked that had a No Weapons sign, I'd probably just shrug and leave the weapon behind. Their business, and all that. But to suggest that I'm a "douchbag" is an unnecessary addition that would keep me out even if I didn't even intend on carrying there.

Not sure how much business they'll actually lose. Had to say how large the CCW crowd is in SC.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not sure how much business they'll actually lose. Had to say how large the CCW crowd is in SC.

It's also a dive bar which tends to see the same local crowd all of the time, many of whom will often be of similar mindset as the owner. He may lose a few customers over it, but places like that rarely do volume business so he can afford to not really care what people think of him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it's the rule that has people riled, or most people anyway. It's the editorial commentary that accompanies it. If there was an establishment that I liked that had a No Weapons sign, I'd probably just shrug and leave the weapon behind. Their business, and all that. But to suggest that I'm a "douchbag" is an unnecessary addition that would keep me out even if I didn't even intend on carrying there.

Right. He chose to be confrontational and insulting, rather than politely request such.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Meh...I've been called worse by higher class people. This has zero effect on me.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

I totally agree. There is no need to insult people like that. Or who knows, maybe he's just tired of having customers.

Top Bottom