• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Our local CBS station, WSBT, posted a story about "sawed off shotguns" being legal as od July 1st. I rarely get involved in news discussions on FB but I decided to jump in. The haters were there as well as the uninformed (you don't have to aim a shot gun). I simply stated the facts about what it take to legally aquire or manufactur a SBS. I also mentioned suppressors being legal and legal to hunt with. A guy questioned me on that so I finally did it. I posted IC and a link to the code.

INGO has taught me a lot.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    WLFI headline: Sawed off shotguns now legal, posters in comments section lose their minds.

I read the comments.

My head hurts now.

Oh! Let's ban (some) guns and put a hefty tax on every round of ammo, because after all, the 2A says nothing about ammo, and that will begin to solve the problem.

Sure. If the problem you see is armed defenders and not armed criminals.

Making them illegal to own or a hefty fine if you don't register them will not stop crime, nor will it prevent a single criminal from obtaining the gun he wants. He will simply have to look elsewhere, or steal what he wants.

Taxing ammo will not stop criminals who don't "buy" it, it will only make good people who do buy it have to pay more. They are correct that the 2A does not specify ammo as being protected, but they've, as usual, gone about it wrongly.... I would ask them where the Constitution allows government to regulate ammunition? While it's easy to go back to the much-abused Interstate Commerce Clause, that also would be an error, unless they also want the gov't regulating condoms and sex toys and marijuana stores in states that have decriminalized it, as those all seem to be things gun grabbers want to see available to everyone.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

The above are wise words to which I suggest they pay heed.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom