• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have had pressure in my chest, shortness of breath, numbness in my left arm on and off for about a month. I went to see the doc and he ordered a nuclear dye test and a stress test. Took those test Thursday and Friday last week. I got a call today with the results. My heart is not getting enough blood. The nuclear test came back with several arteries narrowing. I will need to have a few stents put in. I am only 41 years old but heart issues run deep in my family, my dad died of heart failure at 49.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thank goodness you were smart enough to go see a doc. Glad to know they can do something to correct it and it wasn't too late to do so! Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run!!!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Good luck and good wishes.

You will be amazed how much better you will feel! :)

I had my first MI (heart attack)in 1998 at age 49 too and a second one in 2000. Only after the angioplasty and stent emplacement (2) did I realize that I had been getting weaker for years without knowing why. That was over twelve years ago and I feel better and stronger today than I did at 30! :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not trying to criticize, just trying to understand, but you let those symptoms go a whole month, with the knowledge of your family history, without seeing a doc? What were you thinking?

Anywho, glad you got it diagnosed so you can take the appropriate steps to remedy it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not trying to criticize, just trying to understand, but you let those symptoms go a whole month, with the knowledge of your family history, without seeing a doc? What were you thinking?

Anywho, glad you got it diagnosed so you can take the appropriate steps to remedy it.

My thoughts as well.
    Get you diet/life/health in order for those around you. Follow the Drs. instructions to the letter.
    I am alive today because I followed the advice I am giving you. There is so much in this world to be experienced and enjoyed.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    My thoughts are with you. This kinda thing scares the life out of me as the same issues run in my family. My grandfather had 8 heart attacks and 7 strokes before he passed.

Best of luck to you and hope you heal quick.

Top Bottom