• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sanatorium was asked on Sunday why he said JFK's speech almost made him throw up.

"I don't believe in an America where the separation of church and state are absolute. The idea that the church can have no influence or no involvement in the operation of the state is absolutely antithetical to the objectives and vision of our country...to say that people of faith have no role in the public square? You bet that makes me want to throw up."

-- Rick Santorum, 2/26/2012, (source)

Santorum: Separation Of Church And State 'Makes Me Want To Throw Up'
    The GOP candidate was responding to comments he made last October. He had said that he "almost threw up" after reading JFK's 1960 speech in which he declared his commitment to the separation of church and state.

R188q.jpg

36d3mi.jpg

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    So wait, you don't think Christians should have a say in the goings on of the USA? Because that is what Santorum is getting at here. Not that the church should run the government, which is what your title implies. You might want to re-read that quote. Because this is what it actually says. "to say that people of faith have no role in the public square? You bet that makes me want to throw up." Sorry everybody if this starts a war. I'm just tired of people treating Christians like this.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So what. It is hysterical and not accurate. You reposting it doesn't absolve you of it being misleading BECAUSE YOU ADVOCATED the inaccuracy with your post.

-2 to you for trying to weasel out of it by attempting to pass blame.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So what. It is hysterical and not accurate. You reposting it doesn't absolve you of it being misleading BECAUSE YOU ADVOCATED the inaccuracy with your post.

-2 to you for trying to weasel out of it by attempting to pass blame.
    -1 for whining.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    -1 for whining.

Not whining. Just pointing out the facts. You don't like being called out for posting intentionally inaccurate BS. That's not my fault, that is your fault.

I don't like Santorum. Just donated again to Dr Paul. But your posts are no better than the crap dished out by MSNBC and their ilk when you intentionally post garbage that misleads.

You give Paul supporters a bad name by taking the low road.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Democrats Are Praying for a Santorum Nomination - WSJ.com
    Among the candidate's noteworthy declarations, we can count his address to a New Hampshire audience last October, in which he described his upset after reading the text of John F. Kennedy's landmark 1960 speech dedicated to the separation of church and state. "I almost threw up," he told his listeners. Kennedy, he announced, "threw his faith under the bus in that speech."

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    So Rammy's total is ...

... now -3. And counting. What is there about some people who can't read to the latter part of the " religion " amendment, to the part that mentions, "... and the free exercise thereof" ?? No "cut-and-paste" Constitution for me, please. Would JFK add "Islam" to his quoted text? The caliphate is coming your way, per the latest news. Or "do you read the news?" EBG
    -1 for whining.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    ... now -3. And counting. What is there about some people who can't read to the latter part of the " religion " amendment to, the part that mentions, "... and the free exercise thereof" ?? No "cut-and-paste" Constitution for me, please. Would JFK add "Islam" to his quoted text? The caliphate is coming your way, per the latest news. "Do you read the news?" EBG

OOOH! A bash-Rambone-for-his-misleading-post-headlines thread! I'll jump on! Not only is he being disingenuous with his posts, he appears to be deliberately ingenuous on a regular basis. If he wasn't already a caricature of the bomb-throwing opinion-poster, we'd have make him one.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It appears to be english

... now -3. And counting. What is there about some people who can't read to the latter part of the " religion " amendment to, the part that mentions, "... and the free exercise thereof" ?? No "cut-and-paste" Constitution for me, please. Would JFK add "Islam" to his quoted text? The caliphate is coming your way, per the latest news. "Do you read the news?" EBG
    -1 for writing things I can't understand.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I read the article.

I think the title fits, personally.

STEPHANOPOULOS: That speech has been read, as you know, by millions of Americans. Its themes were echoed in part by Mitt Romney in the last campaign. Why did it make you throw up?

SANTORUM: Because the first line, first substantive line in the speech says, "I believe in America where the separation of church and state is absolute." I don't believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Santorum is a buffoon, his insinuation that a government without religion is unethical is a joke. Sweeping generalizations of a group of people is just flat out ignorant. Just because you do not believe in religion does not mean you are some immoral or unethical miscreant. That's like saying every Catholic approves of child rape. Its ridiculous and offensive to many.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Santorum: Because the first line, first substantive line in the speech says, "I believe in America where the separation of church and state is absolute." I don't believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute.

Not only is it not absolute, it is not existent.

But whatever it takes to continue driving Christianity And good people of faith out of the public's view, I suppose. Lord knows it'll be a better place then.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Not only is it not absolute, it is not existent.

But whatever it takes to continue driving Christianity And good people of faith out of the public's view, I suppose. Lord knows it'll be a better place then.

It's your job to put Christianity and faith into the public view.

Not the government's.

ETA: Actually, it's our job.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom