• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I lump him in as a zero with Romney and Gingrich. Loves war, hates freedom, loves spending money.

The new breed of conservatism!

But if your supporting him than good news for you.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I lump him in as a zero with Romney and Gingrich. Loves war, hates freedom, loves spending money.

The new breed of conservatism!

But if your supporting him than good news for you.

If Newt and Mitt are zeros, I'd give Santorum a .25 at best. He isn't quite on their level yet. I do have faith that he can get there but he gets the .25 (at best) because he seems to be a slightly better human being than the 2 joke.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Just the latest version of "anyone but Romney." Fits the pattern of all the others who have risen against the GOP establishment, only to subsequently fall to Romney's money and organization. This too shall pass.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Would you vote for him, should he win the gop nomination?

Yep. For two reasons:

1. In our system, party trumps person
    2. The bad stuff Santorum wants to get done is somewhat less likely to happen than the bad stuff Obama wants to get done

I'll tell you this much, though. Santorum's surge has accomplished at least one thing - it's made me like Mitt Romney a lot more.

Maybe I should reconsider my decision to give up bourbon.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    1. In our system, party trumps person
    2. The bad stuff Santorum wants to get done is somewhat less likely to happen than the bad stuff Obama wants to get done.

I disagree with your second point, because I agree with your first. Party does trump person. If the GOP keeps the House, and takes the Senate and Executive, I think Santorum (R) will get just about anything through that he wants, because Republicans stick together, for the most part. Constitutional Amendment defining what marriage is, more spending, more pork, more war (drugs, Iran). With this brand of GOP controlling everything again, I expect nothing less than the Patriot Act 2.0.

In the general, I believe I'll vote for Obama for the Executive, and either R/I for Legislative to make sure nothing much happens for the next four years. Hopefully after that time, those man made Ocean Islands will be up and running, or I'll look into living on the moon. I won't be bullied into putting Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich in the big boy seat, if the Republicans are going to control the House and Senate as well. I don't think any of those three are real conservatives, or will slow down the train wreck, and I don't want Democrats to be able to pin the meltdown on Republicans, so that the D's hold power for the next 60 years. Idiots still say that FDR got us out of the Great Depression through public works programs and more government spending. If a crash is inevitable, and I believe it is in some form (SS, Medicare, Obamacare, welfare, etc.) I want to see it all come crashing down on a Democrat, so that they have no where left to slither to.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wow this thread has some bass-ackwards reasoning in it.

What are the bad things Santorum wants again? I havent paid much attention to him, being that the media has influenced me to think he had no chance.

Top Bottom