• ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Hello all,

I'm working on a Sako L691 300wm that I purchased from a fellow INGOer. The gun and receiver were spray painted and I would like to remove the paint and refinish. Wondering if there's anyone in the Indy/Columbus area who has a sandblast cabinet I could use. The barrel is 26 inches so I don't know if this presents a problem or not. Any good advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Ben

2n8d3qx.jpg

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    if you strip the rifle down and want to make a trip to Avon you can use mine.

gunsmith_delmar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    I cheat, I use my auto repair shop. They have a VERY LARGE blasting cabinet and fine glass beads that gets changed out often so they are clean.

Delmar

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    They make cheap little hand held bead blasters that hook to an air line. Basically a blow gun that siphons media from a small hopper.

I picked one up at a yard sale for nothing including a large jug of glass bead media.

I bet Harbor Freight has such a thing.

I been using it a bunch on all kinds of projects. Works great! Take it out in the yard and blast away.

doddsracing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Norman,IN
    If you want to drive to Norman I have a 60" cabinet you can use . If you want the paint off and blast it , try Walmart carb cleaner spray it light and let it soak in then spay it hard should come right off.

Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    Hello all,

I'm working on a Sako L691 300wm that I purchased from a fellow INGOer. The gun and receiver were spray painted and I would like to remove the paint and refinish. Wondering if there's anyone in the Indy/Columbus area who has a sandblast cabinet I could use. The barrel is 26 inches so I don't know if this presents a problem or not. Any good advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Ben

2n8d3qx.jpg
    I would just use brake parts cleaner. It blasts most finishes right off. If the steel is beat up the you can resurface with a media blaster but on a sako. I wouldn't. I'll bet it will wipe off with brake parts cleaner.

Top Bottom