• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    Dick's is having a sale this week on Remington UMC. All UMC (rifle and handgun) is 20% off.

At the Clay Terrace and the Noblesville stores there is a lot of .45 ACP and 9mm. .45 ACP is 15.99 a box.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Dick's is having a sale this week on Remington UMC. All UMC (rifle and handgun) is 20% off.

At the Clay Terrace and the Noblesville stores there is a lot of .45 ACP and 9mm. .45 ACP is 15.99 a box.

Thanks for the tip. I'll stop by there tomorrow. My CZ-75 runs through the UMC without any problems.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Terrible experience at Dick's today (Clay Terrace).

Terrible attitude from employee behind counter.

Me: "Could I take a closer look at that muzzle loader"
    Him: "Yea... When I'm done with what I'm doing!" as he goes about tightening the screws on a scope mount, and then picks up the other ring and starts taking it apart, and then answers the phone, and then starts helping somebody else.

I won't be back.

Probably a good thing nobody asked me if I found everything I was looking for on my way out.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Him: "Yea... When I'm done with what I'm doing!" as he goes about tightening the screws on a scope mount, and then picks up the other ring and starts taking it apart, and then answers the phone, and then starts helping somebody else.

I won't be back.

Probably a good thing nobody asked me if I found everything I was looking for on my way out.

That is when I ask to see the manager! if he says he is then I want to see his boss! does wonders, this also works well with customer service on the phone, they will give in to what your asking for eveytime!!

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009

I won't be back.

What did you expect from a place called DICK's?? A bunch of nice people??

Get it a play on words...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    That is when I ask to see the manager! if he says he is then I want to see his boss! does wonders, this also works well with customer service on the phone, they will give in to what your asking for eveytime!!

Agreed. Complain and they will take care of you. At least that's my experience at Dicks.

At that location, I had to wait about 15 minutes longer than I should have when buying a 22 there last year and when I was checking out I ended up getting another $20 off the sale price. One clerk was like, "I think that's the wrong price." but the manager said, "No, that's the price he's getting it for." Walked me to the door and said, "Thanks for being patient." Enough said for me. :D

Now, I haven't retired on that $20, but I do pop in there every now and then to pick up some basic items when the price is right.

Call 'em or send an email. They should respond, especially in this economy.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

I won't be back.

You judge an entire store based on one idiot employee making buck-fifty an hour? :nuts:

As others have already said, talk to a manager.

Judging a store based on it's owner or the managements tolerance of lazy/rude employees is spot on.

Throwing an entire company under the bus for one idiot behind the counter... I don't get it, but then again I like to confront and solve problems ;)

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Well, I picked up three boxes of UMC at $11.99 a box plus tax. I only bought three because that's the limit that they have on their handgun ammo.

I'll be back tomorrow.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    You judge an entire store based on one idiot employee making buck-fifty an hour? :nuts:

As others have already said, talk to a manager.

Judging a store based on it's owner or the managements tolerance of lazy/rude employees is spot on.

Throwing an entire company under the bus for one idiot behind the counter... I don't get it, but then again I like to confront and solve problems ;)

Yes. I will judge the store by the people they put on the front line.

If they don't pay the guy enough to care, that is the store's problem. It is CERTAINLY NOT my my problem.

To suggest I need to hang out and wait for the manager in order to get any semblance of customer service is rediculous. :nuts:

I won't be back.

NickXD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    SE Indy
    Thanks for the heads up, just picked up 5 boxes of .45 for 15.99 each. They still had plenty left and there didn't seem to be a limit at the Clay Terrace location.

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    15.99...I wish the price would back off some. I remember a few years back getting 45 ACP at 7.99 on sale at Dick's. When will the hurting stop? I need some relief so I can shoot more often.

Top Bottom