• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Gun owners, for the most part, are a pretty safe bunch but never take for granted what's going on, inches from your face, every time you pull a trigger, ladies and gentlemen.

No, this did not happen to me. I bought this shotgun in it's present condition. I don't know the fate of it's previous owner or what caused the failure but I can't believe that they walked away without some type of injury.

20160831_165906_zpstl3ahw5f.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Damascus barrel that someone stuck too many smokeless shells through?

Edit:

Was on my phone earlier. Isn't damascus barrel. Just a rough old shotgun that someone maybe stuck a turkey load in and it gave way. Or it fell or had something dropped on it and to get the bulge out someone tried to shoot it out.

But yes, good reminder of the controlled explosion just inches of from your face.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yikes. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't shoot a gun that looked as bad as that one must have before it blew up. Or, maybe it rusted after it blew Uncle Jethro's eye out.

On closer look, does all that rust in the chamber mean a paper shell was left in there for a long time and attracted moisture?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    From what I'm seeing chamber doesn't look rusted enough to give way unless there was some very heavy rust on the missing part.

My money is a bad drop weakened it and an over pressure scenario killed it. I'd say bore blockage, but those tend to occur closer to the muzzle and blow it out there. Chamber explosion is what makes me think that over pressure had something to do with it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    May be old enough to have been a "wrapped wire" barrel?

It matters not. Whoever was shouldering that when it blew up probably still has nightmares.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I bought several guns off of a guy and he threw this one in on the pile. I just sold it for the usable parts that were on it. It was worth $100 to the buyer.

Top Bottom