Sadly, until 2025 the US Navy will not have a USS Enterprise.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder how long they kept all 8 reactors operating, any surface nucs here know?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't understand any of this so I'm just gonna talk really loud now to seem important :):

i hope the mew one boldly goes where no man has gone before. Mew ships are cool. They have that mew ship smell

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Being from Norfolk, VA this ship is a staple to the area. My Dad also works at Newport News Shipyard and has spent a lot of time on board the Big E. Hate to see it go but that ship has done it's job and served it's country well, for a long time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wonder how long they kept all 8 reactors operating, any surface nucs here know?

Well, I can't seem to find anything on the internet. But, I thought that the 8 submarine reactors were later replaced with 2 aircraft carrier reactors.
    I find it hard to believe that they kept 8 reactors as some of the news articles state, when follow on carriers had two reactors.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I believe the navy maintained all 8 reactors on-board her. I deployed on her November 98 to May 99 and she had 8 reactors at that point. Overall she was a good ship. We limped back off of the deployment. At that point we were involved with the Bosnian war, and USS Teddy Roosevelt (CVN-71) was over there launching air strikes. I am sure that if we did not have an engineering problem we would have detoured over to that area before coming home. We were coming out of the Persian Gulf. Of 180 days deployed, 168 were underway at sea, and we spent 12 days in port. Fun times it was. We dropped a whole lot of bombs on Iraq during that deployment.

Top Bottom