• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    To clarify. I don't care if Russia does this to other people... Or if we do it.

You just don't do it to us.

There's a reason they think they can now
    That is a very odd statement, coming from you.

I'd think we would insist on doing the "right thing", for both ourselves and others.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Let's put it this way. A group of hostile people approach your property... just outside of your property... Do you just watch them? Do you tell them to sod off? Or do you show them you're ready to respond to their hostility if they come any closer?

Right now, it seems like we're just watching them flex. And they're being pompous and antagonizing us for a response.

What have they done that's hostile? How are we not showing we're ready to respond?

I know its the new hotness to claim that Obama is weak out of one side or our mouth and talk about how much he uses drones to kill people out of the other side, but let's have some perspective. Which is really more threatening, an aircraft near our air space borders or about 2,000 nuclear missiles ready to launch? Should we start bombing the crap out of Russia since they have nukes pointed at us and have for as long as most of us here have been alive?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That is a very odd statement, coming from you.

I'd think we would insist on doing the "right thing", for both ourselves and others.

Welcome to republican foreign policy.

I've just accepted the fact that we are the most powerful country in the world, and should remain as such. Provocation of us shouldn't go unpunished.

Maybe Russia feels super-powerful on their side of the world, and feels the same about lesser nations on their side. But I don't accept the fact that them challenging or provoking us is a "yawn"-worthy action.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've just accepted the fact that we are the most powerful country in the world, and should remain as such. Provocation of us shouldn't go unpunished.

Maybe Russia feels super-powerful on their side of the world, and feels the same about lesser nations on their side. But I don't accept the fact that them challenging or provoking us is a "yawn"-worthy action.

It has to be. You don't want to start the "one upmanship" game. That can have very dire consequences for everyone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

In a few months you'll be celebrating independence from exactly what you're advocating.

Bravo.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Bears cruising up and down US coasts and around US interests are nothing new - this stuff has been going on for DECADES.

And yes, there are ANG units on the left coast that have pointy-nose aircraft/crews sitting alert for airspace incursions.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bears cruising up and down US coasts and around US interests are nothing new - this stuff has been going on for DECADES.

And yes, there are ANG units on the left coast that have pointy-nose aircraft/crews sitting alert for airspace incursions.

Thanks, I wasn't sure. Even so the Bears have very long legs and "off the coast of California" covers a lot of ground. Bears are very cool aircraft to observe from the ground. They have an amazingly slim fuselage.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...... What Putin now sees in the Obama administration is weakness that he can exploit to his benefit.........

You're Putin me on.

Where in the hell would Putin get that kind of idea?

[video=youtube;XsFR8DbSRQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE[/video]

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If you think posturing doesn't happen on our side:

51OZ3KdU5EL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Talk to me Goose.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We probably shouldn't get too cocky about what we can/can't do until we start becoming the best source of our own munitions again. :n00b:

Top Bottom