Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Per the State Dept.:

Description of Sanctions:
    Pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991 (the CBW Act), the United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a “Novichok” nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny.

New sanctions imposed today under the CBW Act include:

1. Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

(sorry no link, my Mac is screwy)

This from the same folks that just supplied a large, well known terrorist organization with numerous small arms, ammunition, and military equipment.

They can go to ****.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m not surprised tbh. Even with all the panic you could still buy AJ ammo pretty reasonably compared to everything else thanks to the Russians.

I remember thinking, the Russians seem to be flooding so much Ak ammo on us that if there is a civil war it will be fought with Ak’s.
    For around 10k rds per rifle when they become smooth bores.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    7.62x39 the most sought after brass in the United States with thousands of new reloaders. Who would have thought that? Maybe Joe can open up the Chinese Ammo trade now....

Someone will have top step up to fill the demand.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    For around 10k rds per rifle when they become smooth bores.
    A bunch of guys with smooth bore AKs just ran the entire might of the US military out of a country the size of Texas.

It wouldn't be my choice, but...

7.62x39 the most sought after brass in the United States with thousands of new reloaders. Who would have thought that? Maybe Joe can open up the Chinese Ammo trade now....

Someone will have top step up to fill the demand.

Not sure if sarcastic, but I have honestly been expecting this for years. But... I have 0 reloading capability and x39 loaded brass rounds were always insanely expensive. To my embarrassment, it was only somewhat recently (last couple years) that I even learned you could just buy new brass, or I would have. :facepalm:

I once had a few exchanges with Tony Rumore around the development of .458 SOCOM. He told me that it was extremely easy and affordable to get custom brass, but the minimum order quantity made it an astronomical figure. He said it just about bankrupted him just to prototype the round.

So... We just need a group buy. :pimp:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A bunch of guys with smooth bore AKs just ran the entire might of the US military out of a country the size of Texas.

It wouldn't be my choice, but...

Not sure if sarcastic, but I have honestly been expecting this for years. But... I have 0 reloading capability and x39 loaded brass rounds were always insanely expensive. To my embarrassment, it was only somewhat recently (last couple years) that I even learned you could just buy new brass, or I would have. :facepalm:

I once had a few exchanges with Tony Rumore around the development of .458 SOCOM. He told me that it was extremely easy and affordable to get custom brass, but the minimum order quantity made it an astronomical figure. He said it just about bankrupted him just to prototype the round.

So... We just need a group buy. :pimp:
    Before the Covid crazy days my lgs had 7.62x39 S&B brass case ammo for $8.99 a box.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm guessing that would have been substantially more than brass 5.56 at the shame time?
    I was buying 75gr Hornady HPBT Match Frontier ammo for $9 a box of 20 at my lgs. I imagine 55gr and foreign made was probably half that price or close to it. I mostly reload but wanted to try the Frontier 75gr and take one apart to see what they were using powder/grain wise. Also wanted to compare factory loads to mine velocity and accuracy wise. I tried their 75gr Superformance Match as well. Happy to say I was able to out preform both with 22.9gr of 8208xbr and their 75gr HPBT Match bullets.

Top Bottom