• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So I see the “dictator” of Ukraine now persecuting the church, arresting pastors. The church is refusing to bow. How is this good again. The church has no affiliation to Russia. This is what started up in that middle east country, we had politicians wanting to start a war and back the rebels to overthrow a government. The rebels were killing Christian’s and destroying churches. We seem to always pick a side just as bad as the other side, sometimes even worse.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So I see the “dictator” of Ukraine now persecuting the church, arresting pastors. The church is refusing to bow. How is this good again. The church has no affiliation to Russia. This is what started up in that middle east country, we had politicians wanting to start a war and back the rebels to overthrow a government. The rebels were killing Christian’s and destroying churches. We seem to always pick a side just as bad as the other side, sometimes even worse.
    Somehow I don't imagine we'd see the same "outrage" about "persecuting" Muslims if mosques in the US were raided and collaborators of terrorism against the US were found. This isn't a game of tag and churches are not safe zones for the enemy. This is war.

**** the Russian Orthodox Church and anyone else who collaborates with occupiers.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Somehow I don't imagine we'd see the same "outrage" about "persecuting" Muslims if mosques in the US were raided and collaborators of terrorism against the US were found. This isn't a game of tag and churches are not safe zones for the enemy. This is war.

**** the Russian Orthodox Church and anyone else who collaborates with occupiers.
    So much for Ukraines freedom of religion. They have yet to prove anything. By the way it was a Russian that made the the church there in Ukraine in 988. You either have freedom or you don’t. Even Ukraine officials are backing him and want to know how he plans on destroying the church while saying freedom to the rest. It’s a violation of Ukraines own Constitution. And no we didnt blame all Muslims for what some did… not sure what your messed up philosophy was on that statement. Maybe **** that also

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The main thing I got from that story was that someone made the decision to blur the cats face. :):

I am probably a bad person.
    That's actually why I posted it.

:):

I could give a **** less about an organization that harbors collaborators of scum that purposely rains missles down on civilians. No matter who their sky daddy is. Who would Jesus bomb?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So much for Ukraines freedom of religion. They have yet to prove anything. By the way it was a Russian that made the the church there in Ukraine in 988. You either have freedom or you don’t. Even Ukraine officials are backing him and want to know how he plans on destroying the church while saying freedom to the rest. It’s a violation of Ukraines own Constitution. And no we didnt blame all Muslims for what some did… not sure what your messed up philosophy was on that statement. Maybe **** that also
    GTFOH with your crocodile tears about "fReEdOm of rELiGiOn."

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Sir Arthur Travers Harris and Curtis E Lemay do not approve of this post
    War is hell. I think the V-1 and V-2 campaigns against England would more closely resemble what Russia is doing. Although missiles should be much more precise these days.

As one who chooses to believe in God I have to wonder how harshly Harris and LeMay will be judged when the time comes. I guess history can also deliver judgement of sorts after the fact.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My main point was that F45's justification for violating the church was that it is war and that church is (said to be by a very sketchy government) supporting the wrong side, the side that is 'raining missiles down on civilians'

That is far too jingoistic a position IMO. The Ukrainians shell civilians sympathetic to Russia in the Donbas and the Russians shell civilians sympathetic to Kyiv. It sucks but it is not a new development or unique to those parties

Even Hitler didn't treat the Vatican so. From a distance, it is harder and harder to see who the 'good guys' are in that conflict

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Paid your reparations yet?
    It's like slavery. I had no direct participation in the decisions made and thus feel no responsibility for the results

But if it is accepted that acting against those who 'rain missiles upon civilians' excuses those actions, quite a few unintended targets can get swept up in that net

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I’d kinda like to see the proof that it’s justified. Ain’t like either side is innocent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom