• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Okay I made something up, it is what I think will be next in Ukraine.

Now that Kherson is free, I don't think the Ukrainians will follow the Russians across the Dnipro river.
    This is the he line I made in Blue on the map. It would require a difficult amphibious crossing, and the Russians are dug in on the other side of the river.

There really isn't a need for that, as Ukraine still controls land further north on the east side of the river.

There has been precious little information on the area in the news. The Russians may be thin the area, there hasn't been a terrible amount of fighting in the area seen.

I believe the Ukrainians will hit here next, in the direction of the black arrow. But there are two ways you could go. The yellow arrows.
    You head to the sea and liberate the Berdansk port.. or you flank the russian defenses and head southwest. Or both.

This could also take the pressure off the ZNPP Nuclear Plant the Russians keep trying to screw with. (ZNPP marked on the map)

Russian forces are ether tied up in the East, or in the South.. they could be rather thin here in the middle.

whatsnext.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The need for MIC to get the public ready for the start of the next proxy war,and send a warning to any Republican's not onboard with more funding for Ukraine.

Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen will also take part in the event next week. She will deliver a recorded message, in which she is expected to underscore that the struggle for freedom is a global challenge.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When this nonsense is terminated, I wonder if zelensky will less wealthy or more wealthy than when it began.

When this war is over a lot will depend on what he does, if he's slow off the mark rebuilding or brings in carpetbaggers again from the west, the people will likely throw him out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Qatar is a net exporter(since 2017 and only imported around every other year prior to that even).

Saudi Arabia has banned Canadian imports,and limits US imports to crops below 5% bug damaged(strict by global standards),their largest grain imports in 2021-22 were from Russia(they are also in the process of joining BRICS,and have a defense pact with Russia now).

Kuwait on the other hand is almost 100% reliant on the US and imports grain from almost no where else.

Even with grain exports flowing from Ukraine at this point less than 3% have made it to Africa(with Egypt filing complaints about unfilled contracts). Almost all of Ukraine's grain the past 2 years has gone to the EU,China,Egypt,and Turkey(in 2021 Egypt was second after China this year they are not in the top 20). The very first ship after the embargo was lifted was supposed to go to Lebanon(#10 country for 2021 grain exports from Ukraine in 2022 not a single shipment likely because they would not condemn Russia) but re-routed "because of a failed grain sale" to Turkey,then on to Bulgaria(then by train to countries in the EU).
    Qatar a net exporter of grain? Must be grown no where near Al Udeid, never saw anything grow there but junior tumbleweeds.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Qatar a net exporter of grain? Must be grown no where near Al Udeid, never saw anything grow there but junior tumbleweeds.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I must be the warmonger on here, because I fully support the continued and expanded supply of weaponry to Ukraine.

For the first time since WWII we are causing the total destruction of a hostile nations war machine without spilling a single drop of American blood. We are able to defeat an aggressive nation simply by supplying a motivated defender with superior firepower. To my thinking that is a win far beyond Ukraine.

It is a win to my thinking beyond Ukraine because it sends a message to China and anyone else even thinking of attacking someone America likes. They don't need to have a treaty, or be a member of NATO, or anything else. F*** with someone America likes and who is willing to fight and your losses will be catastrophic, possibly regime changing.

The idea of Ukraine now entering negotiations is laughable. If Biden is ignoring a generals push to negotiate, then he has more chutzpah than that general! The only negotiation Ukraine should even consider is this, "Leave all Ukrainian territory including Donetsk and Crimea, take all of your supporters with you, and we will stop killing you by the tens of thousands. Agreed?"

Collaterally this is a great marketing tool for American industry. A lot of countries are giving Ukraine obsolete equipment, much like what happened to Turkey. Those countries are going to then upgrade. Who's weapons do I think they'll buy? It ain't Russian. Our exports will probably improve.

All that said above I would truly love for this war to end as quickly as possible! I just want it ending with a complete victory for Ukraine and their regaining of all territory including Crimea.

Regards,

Doug

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How will they do that short of a coup? He controls the only political party allowed in the country.

Coup or revolt, I don't see the people sitting still for carpetbaggers running off with the country's wealth while they are hungry, cold, and in the dark. When the russians finally leave or some sort of treaty is signed he needs to get right to work rebuilding at the ground level, because in many places that's all that's left.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My comment was based on the soil I observed in Qatar in 2005, I'm stunned anything will grow there. There were a lot of years between high school senior KellyinAvon was on an FFA Soil Judging Team (Fall of 1981) and SMSgt KellyinAvon being deployed to Qatar (2005) but the dirt I saw there ain't growin ****.

Looking at the link in your post there is a lot of variation year to year in the exports. Never over $600K, just over $24K in 2020 ain't nothing to write home about.

Qatar is hosting the World Cup here in a few days. I'm waiting to see how the Euros deal with the heat and humidity in Qatar. It was 80 degrees and humid the day I got there... it was 8 January.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    My comment was based on the soil I observed in Qatar in 2005, I'm stunned anything will grow there. There were a lot of years between high school senior KellyinAvon was on an FFA Soil Judging Team (Fall of 1981) and SMSgt KellyinAvon being deployed to Qatar (2005) but the dirt I saw there ain't growin ****.

Looking at the link in your post there is a lot of variation year to year in the exports. Never over $600K, just over $24K in 2020 ain't nothing to write home about.

Qatar is hosting the World Cup here in a few days. I'm waiting to see how the Euros deal with the heat and humidity in Qatar. It was 80 degrees and humid the day I got there... it was 8 January.
    They might disagree with you. I also agree they do not export much,but some.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I must be the warmonger on here, because I fully support the continued and expanded supply of weaponry to Ukraine.

For the first time since WWII we are causing the total destruction of a hostile nations war machine without spilling a single drop of American blood. We are able to defeat an aggressive nation simply by supplying a motivated defender with superior firepower. To my thinking that is a win far beyond Ukraine.

It is a win to my thinking beyond Ukraine because it sends a message to China and anyone else even thinking of attacking someone America likes. They don't need to have a treaty, or be a member of NATO, or anything else. F*** with someone America likes and who is willing to fight and your losses will be catastrophic, possibly regime changing.

The idea of Ukraine now entering negotiations is laughable. If Biden is ignoring a generals push to negotiate, then he has more chutzpah than that general! The only negotiation Ukraine should even consider is this, "Leave all Ukrainian territory including Donetsk and Crimea, take all of your supporters with you, and we will stop killing you by the tens of thousands. Agreed?"

Collaterally this is a great marketing tool for American industry. A lot of countries are giving Ukraine obsolete equipment, much like what happened to Turkey. Those countries are going to then upgrade. Who's weapons do I think they'll buy? It ain't Russian. Our exports will probably improve.

All that said above I would truly love for this war to end as quickly as possible! I just want it ending with a complete victory for Ukraine and their regaining of all territory including Crimea.

Regards,

Doug
    As far as I understand it Libertarian's are against our support of the war? At least all the ones I just voted for were. As well as us even being in NATO and US central government involvement in overthrowing other countries costing US citizens trillions with the wars that follow.

Your view is easily explained though.
    Double think:
    To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.
    2022-11-13_08-56-44.jpg

I am sure when the time comes you will remember to say the correct things you have been taught to say about the war with eastasia(sorry China or maybe Turkey given our funding and military hardware given to Cyprus and Greece the last year and a half).

Just an example.
    We have and need the most powerful military in the world and the 137 foreign bases currently in use,spending more than the next 5 nations combined annually.
    A few seconds later.
    We need a much smaller central government and less spending.

That pretty much sums up why I say double think on supporting proxy wars(any war we have not been attacked actually).

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It appears the Commies are losing structure in the Army. Not uncommon when a Army does not have a NCO based approach.

Officers have no business taking care of Soldiers basic needs. Soldiers need food, shelter, equipment, mail, money. You give them that and you are good to go.

Why the hell was that Officer even talking to a angry group of guys. They were never taught that you can bit#$ and moan to a Sergeant. When a Officer is around its all sunshine and rainbows.

Did you notice the big dude corrected the Officer because he had his hands in his pockets.

Some things are universal!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ukraine: Begs Israel to provide it with advanced offensive weapons

Also Ukraine: Votes in the UN to take Israel to International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity

The UN resolution was voted on in the General Assembly on Friday, and it urged an international investigation into Israel's occupation of Palestinian lands, as well as "annexation" activities and alleged human rights abuses against Palestinians. Ukraine's representative registered a "yes" vote, and the resolution will now proceed to the next stage (a Generally Assembly plenary, likely next month), given it passed with 98 countries in favor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom