• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All those ways of doing the job, could have been done by ANYBODY.

70 meters is deep for a manned diver.
    And submarines PREFER deeper water.
    But, don't say that it 'can't be done'.
    heck, WWII subs only went down that far, it was there LIMIT.

I've got all kinds of stories that 'might have' happened in waters that shallow.

I think the tell will be who pushes this as a big geopolitical ordeal. There's a few countries desperate to enter the conflict, who I would not put it past them, to attempt to make stars align for an article 5.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    heck, they probably can track the line with a Gauss type detector over time, map it on a gps, and drop a bit of a charge with some type of timer or command det.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, with the technology available today, why does it have to be a State Actor?

Maybe an environmental group.
    The temporary damage done to the environment by this, could be considered 'acceptable', if it causes a bigger push for 'green' tech.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I woul imagine explosive experts will be able to tell if the explosion came from inside or outside the pipeline. I've also got to believe that something like SOSUS is in the Baltic. Info from both sources should narrow the range of possible causes and potential responsible parties.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don’t know why everyone is under the impression that the mere existence of nuclear weapons will stop this conflict from bubbling into ww3. During ww2 everyone had chemical weapons but they didn’t get used because no one wanted to escalate to that level.

Ww3 is gonna be the same way…..

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I woul imagine explosive experts will be able to tell if the explosion came from inside or outside the pipeline. I've also got to believe that something like SOSUS is in the Baltic. Info from both sources should narrow the range of possible causes and potential responsible parties.
    American owned and operated SOSUS?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was not aware this happened the day before the attack on the pipe lines.

Thousands take to streets in north Germany demanding launch of Nord Stream 2​

Germany had stalled the launch of the ambitious energy project for months before putting it on the back burner in the wake of Russia's military operation in Ukraine, which is now in its eighth month.

The gas pipeline made landfall in the German port city of Lubmin in the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.

With the cold winter approaching, the demonstrators demanded Lubmin officials turn the taps on the Nord Steam 2 natural gas link to Russia.

“So that our homeland has a future, finally open Nord Stream 2,” demonstrators chanted at the protest rally, as reported by German media.

In related news, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz signed a new energy deal with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Sunday to compensate for significant cuts in Russian supplies.

Western sanctions standing in way of Russian gas flow to Europe: Moscow

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    WW3 really can't last long with modern weapons. Either way nucs finish it fast or modern weapons with thier high cost and lethality reduce the world to economic wreckage in short order.

Imagine the entire world reduced to third world economic and political status, larger states dividing into smaller ones, the scramble for resources, like Africa, everywhere.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    WW3 really can't last long with modern weapons. Either way nucs finish it fast or modern weapons with thier high cost and lethality reduce the world to economic wreckage in short order.

Imagine the entire world reduced to third world economic and political status, larger states dividing into smaller ones, the scramble for resources, like Africa, everywhere.
    I think you under estimate how many plebs they are willing to let die,and how much of civilization they are willing to destroy to maintain or gain power.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    American owned and operated SOSUS?

I would imagine locally monitored, but likely American manufactured and installed during the cold war. Not saying that info will ever see the light of day, but somebody probably has a good handle on this already if a sub was involved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom