Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Fc-dTqrWAAAOBCb

Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan are getting into it with each other.
    Armenia and Azerbaijan as well.
    I am sure the USA has nothing to do with those conflicts.

oh....they do seem to be just a tad bit more inflamed after a Pelosi leaves one though. She is the highest ranking member of the US government to enter Armenia since the fall of the Soviet Union. Her trip was actually planned and announces shortly before Armenia attacked,then repelled Azerbaijan's counter attacks...I do not believe in coincidences.

Not that we are trying to start ww3 thought...I am sure it is just a coincidence. Like this bill...shortly before Biden's speech about US troops getting involved if China invades Taiwan .

"The Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted 17-5 in favor of the Taiwan Policy Act of 2022 "
    This ends 60 years of diplomacy with China and our one China policy. If it passes fully it will be a declaration of war(the fact it passed through the Foreign Relations committee already means it is current US policy). *edit,it has fully passed the senate as of 9/16/2022.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There are unconfirmed reports that Russia is not going to allow men 18-65 to leave the country.
    Also Russia today or tomorrow is going to annex the rebel provinces thus making it Russian in their eyes.
    I think Russia is about to declare a full scale war.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    There are unconfirmed reports that Russia is not going to allow men 18-65 to leave the country.
    Also Russia today or tomorrow is going to annex the rebel provinces thus making it Russian in their eyes.
    I think Russia is about to declare a full scale war.
    Somebody better suck it up and pony up, and send @BigRed that pile of gold!

Surely someone in Russia will come to their senses put a bullet and Putin's head. (AKA Russian suicide)

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    It's not normally my way but I think it would be funny if we just gave the Ukrainian's money to pay Russian soldiers to surrender and be relocated elsewhere, somewhere warm, for about five (5) years.

Think about it: we could help set up a payment plan of about $50,000 for each Russian to surrender. This would cost about $25 Billion to pay off 500,000 Russians. We could pay more for rank and skills. So a basic foot soldier would get maybe $30k, a sergeant $35k, a tank driver $33k, and so on. Talk about bang for buck.

Russia would be deeply concerned about sending ANY troops into Ukraine. They already have low morale and high alcoholism rates. Combine that with the choice of either eating military rations in Ukraine while getting shot at OR sitting on a beaching in the Med slamming Vodka oogling babes in bikinis. And with draftees...? Oh, my!

I do believe a large chunk of the Russian military would up and float away like a fart in the wind.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Doug
    Nice out of the box thinking. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Somebody better suck it up and pony up, and send @BigRed that pile of gold!

Surely someone in Russia will come to their senses put a bullet and Putin's head. (AKA Russian suicide)
    I think if full scale war is declared you'll see mass use of thermobaric weapons, biological and chemical even. I highly doubt Russia cares about the Geneva Convention. I wonder what parts they did not sign? The US could be using HP and SP ammunition since we never agreed not to.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As of now if the Ukrainian military fire on any soldiers or citizens or land of the rebel states that have now been annexed by Russia. Russia will use whatever they need to defeat the Ukrainian military.
    Putin drafting 300k +
    It won't be long before they pull out the thermobaric weapons, and possibly chemical and biological weapons. Who knows possibly tactical nukes...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mobilization in the historic sense is not a step taken lightly, it means taking a lot of people out of productive positions in the economy and changing some industry over to military production from civilian. My grandfather was assigned to supervise and teach industries which before WW2 had been making consumer goods, to learn how to make military material. He told me that some things were easy like stamping out mess kits, but that others required getting companies to be much more accurate than they had ever been.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It was before my time but didn’t the US somewhat mobilize for the Vietnam War? I know the draft was in full effect even though many people found ways out of it. Granted we weren’t trying to annex Vietnam.

My father in law had bad eyesight. I am not sure how bad exactly but when they called him in for his physical the doctor asked him to remove his glasses and read the eye chart. He took off his glasses and simply said “what chart”? So he was rejected. He is actually proud of this.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It was before my time but didn’t the US somewhat mobilize for the Vietnam War? I know the draft was in full effect even though many people found ways out of it. Granted we weren’t trying to annex Vietnam.

My father in law had bad eyesight. I am not sure how bad exactly but when they called him in for his physical the doctor asked him to remove his glasses and read the eye chart. He took off his glasses and simply said “what chart”? So he was rejected. He is actually proud of this.

Except for the draft I don't believe that the US did any economic mobilization for Vietnam. From an economic standpoint taking 18 year olds out of the work force is different than older people who have been in it for a while. Inflation got it's first big surge though with LBJ ramping up Vietnam at the same time he was financing the Great Society. It's a big step when a nation starts retooling an economy and that's what we should watch for in Russia, not Putin's speeches.

Even regimes as totalitarian as Nazi Germany are often slow to gear up completely, production actually increased despite massive losses and intense air bombardment in WW2 after the Sportpalast speech by Goebbels where he announced Totaler Krieg, Kursester Krieg or total war, shortest war, placing the entire economy on a war footing.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Make no mistake war is coming. This is a great review of the speech by someone with the ability to make us understand what was said.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Based on what I am seeing Russia is calling up 300k reservists and also calling in some veterans with “skills in demand”. I don’t see this as being a war footing but it is certainly an escalation. I am more concerned with the pseudo referendum they are talking about.

Looks like Russia has around 2 million reservists total. So not a full mobilization. Also, fun fact: Russian basic training is a whole 30 days. Some are saying they have even cut that short lately. I am sort of a dinosaur but in my days it took about a full year to make a decent infantry soldier and about 2 years to be a good one. That’s basic, AIT, and further indoctrination and field time at the unit. At 30 days you are nothing but a bullet-stopper. Or as the Russians call them, a cucumber.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Based on what I am seeing Russia is calling up 300k reservists and also calling in some veterans with “skills in demand”. I don’t see this as being a war footing but it is certainly an escalation. I am more concerned with the pseudo referendum they are talking about.

Looks like Russia has around 2 million reservists total. So not a full mobilization. Also, fun fact: Russian basic training is a whole 30 days. Some are saying they have even cut that short lately. I am sort of a dinosaur but in my days it took about a full year to make a decent infantry soldier and about 2 years to be a good one. That’s basic, AIT, and further indoctrination and field time at the unit. At 30 days you are nothing but a bullet-stopper. Or as the Russians call them, a cucumber.
    Many are making a run for the border. He's placing military and recruitment personnel at tye border to grab any of age and make them conscripts.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One thing I think that is sorely lacking in the entire debate is... What outcome are you actually wanting from this conflict?

Have you considered the possible outcomes and what they might bring, rather than just cheering for a team to win as if it were a game?

I have yet to encounter anyone who's seriously acknowledging these aspects.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

My last dog had the name Ubu, which shows my age. He was lovingly referred to by his primary occupation. That was to be a bullet magnet.

At 30 days in I feel they are hoping that the enemy runs out of bullets, gets scared from all the carnage or there are actually enough people running toward them to swarm and disarm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom