Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Now, I'm sure the Russian Duma has it share of blowhards, but the thought of a test firing like this is interesting.

“In April 2021, during the previous big crisis between Russia versus the U.S. and NATO over Ukraine, Moscow’s state-run TV broadcast to the world that: ‘War is inevitable…it will be a Cyber War,’” Pry said in his note, shown below.

He said Florida has been threatened “to deter the U.S. from helping Ukraine.”

And he said just last month, a member of the Russian Duma (the country's Congress) “proposed warning Washington that Moscow is serious about nuclear war over Ukraine — by launching a hypersonic warhead to detonate on or over the Nevada nuclear test area. A nuclear or non-nuclear EMP demonstration could blackout Nevada or the entire Western Grid.”

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Not a expert and my information is over 10 years old.
    The Russians attack our computer systems on a daily basis. Usually very selective probes looking for weaknesses.

I “assume“ that Ivan can shut us down ?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So what happens if Russia invades Ukraine, China invades Taiwan, and Iran attacks in the middle-east at or aroundthe same time? What will the United States do?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Keith gets it.

There'd be at least one (and likely all 3) causing enough disruption here at home that we'd be lucky to even know what was going on abroad.

Well, except maybe the flashes over the horizon...

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not a expert and my information is over 10 years old.
    The Russians attack our computer systems on a daily basis. Usually very selective probes looking for weaknesses.

I “assume“ that Ivan can shut us down ?

I'm quite certain that we attack theirs (and other countries') on a daily basis as well, and for the same reasons.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    They're Russians, not Soviets.

And the USA promised the Russians/Soviets - twice - that NATO would never expand east as one of the conditions for the reunification of Germany.

That the USA doesn't keep its well documented promises is a problem. We are the country that is not trustworthy. And that's pathetic.
    Negative. Things change and you`d side with Russia?
    Unbelievable.

Reactions: oze

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Negative. Things change and you`d side with Russia?
    Unbelievable.

Would you like the US to have no credibility internationally? Completely obliterate our ability to find diplomatic solutions?

Or would you rather we keep our promises, which allows us to maintain our satellite allies?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Would you like the US to have no credibility internationally? Completely obliterate our ability to find diplomatic solutions?

Or would you rather we keep our promises, which allows us to maintain our satellite allies?
    Do we have an obligation to keep a promise to a nation that no longer exists?

I agree with the credibility concern, but there are no more Soviets. Do we have an agreement with Russia itself?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I truly think that's unlikely. I pray I'm right.
    I wouldn't think they would risk that type of action for Ukraine and Taiwan. In the middle-east just turn Israel loose and supply them with what they need. In Europe the NATO countries need to mobilize and show force. Taiwan unless we show up with a large naval force it will be taken eventually no matter how hard they fight. A blockade would cripple Taiwan in time.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It would appear Putin and Xi have each other's backs and if something is to go down I wouldn't doubt they'll coordinate their respective moves in order to divide our attention and resources.

Wait what? I thought Biden had Xi's back
    Or is that Hunter? Sucks when you don't really know whose side our own government is on anymore

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom