• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm genuinely intrigued by the 2011 9mm platform now and I really shouldn't be. My handguns have generally been defensive based and striker fired, all are currently Sig P320 and P365 guns. I've owned some 1911's and shot plenty of other people's too, also some 2011 guns and plenty of CZ's, but I don't think I've ever shot a 2011 in 9mm. I'm curious how the shooting experience of a Staccato/Prodigy would compare to say a Shadow 2 or P320 AXG (with a small amount of extra weight added). I'm thinking about getting back into IDPA next year and my gut tells me to use a gun closer to what I would carry for defensive purposes. I have a really hard time having stuff just to have it, but that 2011 looks like a damn good time....
    Finally one of the 4 clubs locally that I shoot at will allow appendix. With that in mind, I hope to shoot my carry Staccato C2 later this month at that match.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have a feeling this is going to cost me a bunch of money.

Yo3DcSV.jpg

I am going to keep this up untill someone gets one :abused: , my LGS is supposed to get a 4.25 this week and I am going to try and compare it against my Staccato. No I am not getting the SA , just interested to see where the cost difference went.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A little surprised to see such a positive review from David despite his pointing out the flaws.

I watched that a little while ago. Did'nt look like he had any malfunction issues with the 4.25 model.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    From what I can see, MIM parts and fit and finish.

That's the price point though , to put it in 1911 terms the Prodigy is the TRP. Decent enough gun with some extra nice touches thrown in. The Staccato is Dan Wesson, everything from the internals to the better finishes applies

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    That's the price point though , to put it in 1911 terms the Prodigy is the TRP. Decent enough gun with some extra nice touches thrown in. The Staccato is Dan Wesson, everything from the internals to the better finishes applies
    So does it retain the attributes of a 1911? trigger pull etc? Perhaps a wider version of a 1911?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    From what I can see, MIM parts and fit and finish.
    Yeah, there's definitely a lot of MIM in there but those looking to get one of these that aren't that experienced probably won't care or even know what MIM is, I usually don't get too bent out of shape about it. When I was doing 1911 work I wouldn't use any of the STI packaged parts either as they weren't that good. I'll get mine on Tuesday so i'll be able to better judge the 'fit and finish'.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So does it retain the attributes of a 1911? trigger pull etc? Perhaps a wider version of a 1911?

Correct , I run thin grips on my 1911's and the 2011 is definitely a bit wider but I have Medium Sized hands and have no issues. The trigger mechanism operating principal remains the same in the 1911/2011 and even a decent amount of parts are interchangeable.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Yeah, there's definitely a lot of MIM in there but those looking to get one of these that aren't that experienced probably won't care or even know what MIM is, I usually don't get too bent out of shape about it. When I was doing 1911 work I wouldn't use any of the STI packaged parts either as they weren't that good. I'll get mine on Tuesday so i'll be able to better judge the 'fit and finish'.
    Yep, I'm not saying that's the end of the world or even that stuff would have to be changed out for the average shooter. I was just commenting on what it appears to me. Some of those cost differences include.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yep, I'm not saying that's the end of the world or even that stuff would have to be changed out for the average shooter. I was just commenting on what it appears to me. Some of those cost differences include.
    Yeah, that's definitely where there were cost savings. The MIM parts, cheaper cerakote, simpler grip etc. The big plus was the OR option.

Top Bottom