• Total voters

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seeing as it takes away power from the states...

Would any of you want this?

Granted, you could look at it as... The Constitution always gave me this right, and States are simply impeding on it now.

But I guess that also means acknowledging the Constitution covered gay marriage.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Granted, you could look at it as... The Constitution always gave me this right, and States are simply impeding on it now.

But I guess that also means acknowledging the Constitution covered gay marriage.

Egggsssactly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Funny, I read your title and inferred, "because gay marriage is nationwide I need to conceal carry everywhere".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Makes sense to me. Expanding the freedom to carry would reduce liberty because states wouldn't be able to restrict liberty, which is liberty, so we must protect the right to restrict liberty or liberty suffers. Less liberty = more liberty, as long as the states are making less liberty, because the Feds are scary. The state is only scary if we want local control. So we should allow each city, or probably each township, to decide how they want to handle gun issues. That's the most liberty, even if functionally it reduces liberty, because liberty.

Liberty is a paradox that grows when its strangled and wilts when allowed to flourish, or something like that - Thomas Jefferson

(It's nitpicking if you say that's not a real quote, btw)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't want to see national standards governing 2A rights. In some respects it seems like it would be nice to only have to meet one common standard when traveling from state to state but what if anti-gun folks get control of the standards once they go national? Brady's wet dream!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Perhaps someone will take such a case before the courts, (if they have standing) but until then the precedent doesn't stand. I'm not going to Jersey to become the test case, either, but don't let that stop anyone who truly believes it.

JeffINGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2014
    Home
    I fully think that with this ruling and their "personal choice" working that they basically made the carrying of weapons legal thruout the entire 50 states, on aircraft, thru TSA checkpoints, in airports, hell in the White House, DC, California, New York City, etc. Also this ruling has thrown out all drug laws I mean since it is a personal choice as to whether do dope, carry a gun wherever, or marry your dog. I think it is time for a Open Carry march down Pennsylvania Ave thanking SCOTUS for our new abilities to carry whenever and wherever.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Remember one thing and that is SCOTUS hasn't even ruled yet on whether the RTKBA extends beyond the home. That hasn't been born out yet as a fundamental right. The right to marry has. Go figure.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Liberty is a paradox that grows when its strangled and wilts when allowed to flourish, or something like that - Thomas Jefferson

(It's nitpicking if you say that's not a real quote, btw)

I think you got it wrong. That's a Rand Paul quote. Equally applicable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ain't never going to happen. Compelling government interests, penumbra-this-that-or-the-other, fundamental right to safety, etc...they'll carve out an exception to due process, immunities and privileges, etc. etc. That's why I want to see the "fundamental rights" list. I want to know who gets to decide what separates a fundamental right from a regular, everyday, run-of-the-mill right.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It shouldn't be hard to get it in court. Any number of people who have been turned down in "may issue" states because they only received 2 death threats would be more than willing to go down this road.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Forgive me, but all states honor the driver's license from all other states. Using the argument of "taking power away from the states" what is to stop a renegade state like California to tell Indiana drivers that their driver's license is no longer honored there?

Driving isn't a constitutionally protected right (obviously) but keeping and bearing arms is.

Yep, it sure would be nice if the states followed the constitution without needing the Supreme Court to shove it down their throats.

Top Bottom