Ruger American Ranch 5.56 load testing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Decided to brave the heat for a little load testing with the Ruger Ranch. I'm really excited to see what I can get cooked up using the 69gr SMK so I ran the ladder test today and got a very well defined plateau to work off of. It just amazes me how well this rifle shoots. Anyone else have one? What your favorite load for it?

Attachments

• ranch556.jpg
      ranch556.jpg
      209.8 KB · Views: 39
    • load test.jpg
      load test.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 39

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have one ! ..... and I like it very much. Although I don't reload, I'm interested in following your load tests. :thumbsup:
    The most I've done is bang some small AR500 plates with mine, but it would be interesting to see if the accuracy could be improved by using your bullet selection.
    Subscribed !

i-5LNZGP7-XL.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    A week or so ago, I thought about getting a bolt action rifle. This was one that I considered.

I was looking at the 6.5 Creedmor.

Steve, if I get more than a passing interest in a bolt action, I'll get with you for your expert input.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm looking hard for one of these in 5.56 format. Someone please let me know if you spot one at an LGS or somewhere.

Looking forward to more range reports!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Decided to brave the heat for a little load testing with the Ruger Ranch. I'm really excited to see what I can get cooked up using the 69gr SMK so I ran the ladder test today and got a very well defined plateau to work off of. It just amazes me how well this rifle shoots. Anyone else have one? What your favorite load for it?
    This is on my top 3 list for next firearm. Just depends on which one actually becomes available first.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I have one and I am also very pleased with how well a rifle at this price point can shoot.

H322 has been the most accurate powder with 55gr bullets and H335 has worked best with both 69gr SMK and TMK bullets.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I bought one a month or so ago. Love it! I have shot a variety of factory 223 and 556 . Very pleased with the accuracy, but I am going to pay attention to the OP test results.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The Sierra 69 MatchKing has been one of the most accurate bullets I have used over the years. I have used Varget mostly with the 77 Sierra match. That is some nice shooting! If I did not already have so many 223s I would really put that Ruger near the top of my list.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Sierra 69 MatchKing has been one of the most accurate bullets I have used over the years. I have used Varget mostly with the 77 Sierra match. That is some nice shooting! If I did not already have so many 223s I would really put that Ruger near the top of my list.
    Oh I know what you mean. I really didnt need another one either but I kind of just had to have it lol.

Top Bottom