• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I have a ruger American Predator in 6.5 creedmoor. I'm thinking about putting it in a Boyd s stock.
    Had anyone put a RAP in a Boyds and if you did how did it work out? Did it go in easy?

Also has anyone tried the Boyd s AT One stock? It has decent reviews but I wonder if I will like it.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have an 1895 Mauser in 7.62NATO that I put in a Boyds Plainsman (IIRK the model) a few years ago. Due to variations in manufacture (of the rifle) I had to clearance some of the wood near the breach to make it fit. With your AP there should be fewer if any variations so it should drop right in...of course YMMV.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    My brother has a RAP in a Boyd's stock. I believe he had an issue with the bolt either not opening or closing after he installed it. He back the action bolt out 1/4 of a turn and it worked. There may also have been some trial and error getting the magazine catch positioned correctly.

I don't recall any other issues with installation. He is getting less than desirable accuracy. But I cant say that is the fault of the stock.

Top Bottom