• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Right, I was just looing for specifics on the classes you sent her to.
    She showed me certificates from a place in bloomington for a basic handgun course and a concealed carry course. I am currently holding on to her gun until her license comes in which hopefully will be in soon, until then she gets mace.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This right here ^^
    I've only ever had great experiences on Ingo with trades and purchases. I no longer waste my time with Armslist, especially since you have to pay to be a member now. If I can't find what I want on Ingo, then I usually just wait, or buy new.
    I used to use armslist in florida and never had an issue but apparently indiana is a different ball game. I did sell a old 357 mag taurus on armslist and bought a 1911 on armslist last weekend with no issues here but there is always that one a-hole that makes it so you dont want to use a site anymore

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I used to use armslist in florida and never had an issue but apparently indiana is a different ball game. I did sell a old 357 mag taurus on armslist and bought a 1911 on armslist last weekend with no issues here but there is always that one a-hole that makes it so you dont want to use a site anymore

I totally get that.
    I just feel like the merchandise is a lot more sensitive and high risk to keep going back. Even just one or two d-bags out of hundreds can really turn people off when the merchandise is worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, or someone could use it for nefarious reasons. I've never personally had issues with Armslist sales, but I've heard wayyyy too many stories to justify going back. Just not worth it to me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    She showed me certificates from a place in bloomington for a basic handgun course and a concealed carry course. I am currently holding on to her gun until her license comes in which hopefully will be in soon, until then she gets mace.
    Again, if it's no trouble, details would be great.

I am in the area and have folks to send to local classes, after researching the instruction. TIA!

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I had a young punk working the ZX booth at the 1500 years ago tell me I was trying to make a straw purchase and that he couldnt sell to me cause I had told him I was looking to buy it for my wife. I just shook my head and walked away. He cost them a sale that day.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've said for a while now, "People 'think' they know...but they don't really know!"
    Many people 'think' they know what the law is, but they've never read it, much less understand it.
    Much of what some people think the law says or means, is really just their opinion of what they wish the law says or means.
    I'm a big advocate of read the law, mull it over, and ask for assistance if you don't understand it.
    Legalese is a language that not all speak...sometimes, interpretation for proper application is warranted.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've said for a while now, "People 'think' they know...but they don't really know!"
    Many people 'think' they know what the law is, but they've never read it, much less understand it.
    Much of what some people think the law says or means, is really just their opinion of what they wish the law says or means.
    I'm a big advocate of read the law, mull it over, and ask for assistance if you don't understand it.
    Legalese is a language that not all speak...sometimes, interpretation for proper application is warranted.
    True dat with Indiana Code. You have to read A LOT of it, get more confused, then eventually...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I had a young punk working the ZX booth at the 1500 years ago tell me I was trying to make a straw purchase and that he couldnt sell to me cause I had told him I was looking to buy it for my wife. I just shook my head and walked away. He cost them a sale that day.
    I had the owner of a local gun shop tell me he couldn't accept a transfer from a non-FFL holder. If he'd told me he wouldn't accept a transfer from a non-FFL holder or wouldn't do a transfer, I could respect that even though it would greatly reduce the amount business I did there. Since he either flat out lied to me or was completely ignorant, I haven't even looked at a gun there since.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I had the owner of a local gun shop tell me he couldn't accept a transfer from a non-FFL holder. If he'd told me he wouldn't except a transfer from a non-FFL holder or wouldn't do a transfer, I could respect that even though it would greatly reduce the amount business I did there. Since he either flat out lied to me or was completely ignorant, I haven't even looked at a gun there since.
    Name them! We shop in the same circles...

Also note that his "can't" may very well just have been store policy. Some shops won't do it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My Taurus Model 44 6.5" is probably worth $350-400 but I'm not going to sell my first handgun. It's been reliable for over 2k rds. I did have a trigger job done on it to lighten the double action trigger pull. It was horrible. Now it is smooth and you can pull the trigger slow and smoothly back until it fires without pulling off target.

20200731_053926.png
    The porting is eating away at the front sight. Need to get a new one it's getting hard to see. And steel wool isn't brightening it any more.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Name them! We shop in the same circles...

Also note that his "can't" may very well just have been store policy. Some shops won't do it.
    It was the store owner so if it was store policy it was his policy and like I said if he'd owned that instead of feeding me a line of bull, he'd lost some business instead of all my firearms business. It's possible he was simply ignorant since firearms are not really the main focus of the business. Either way, there are two much better shops on my way home, depending on the route, that actively welcome and encourage transfers. It was convenient for awhile having a place to do transfers almost within walking distance of my house, though.

I'm not comfortable naming them outright since it has been 3-4 years and things may have changed since then. If you know we shop in the same circles, then you likely know where in Johnson Co. I live and you should be able to figure out the hints.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Let the language filter work. If you type out a word that isn't allowed, the filter will **** it out.

But pictures are on you. I've deleted one pic as there were words that wouldn't pass the filter. You are responsible for making sure pic will pass the rules too.

Be more like BigRed?!?!

IMG_0744.JPG

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    It was the store owner so if it was store policy it was his policy and like I said if he'd owned that instead of feeding me a line of bull, he'd lost some business instead of all my firearms business. It's possible he was simply ignorant since firearms are not really the main focus of the business. Either way, there are two much better shops on my way home, depending on the route, that actively welcome and encourage transfers. It was convenient for awhile having a place to do transfers almost within walking distance of my house, though.

I'm not comfortable naming them outright since it has been 3-4 years and things may have changed since then. If you know we shop in the same circles, then you likely know where in Johnson Co. I live and you should be able to figure out the hints.
    Not naming them outright is just you being honorable and showing respect, the guy that got this post started may have been an a**hole but i still blurred out his name and email out of respect.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    My Taurus Model 44 6.5" is probably worth $350-400 but I'm not going to sell my first handgun. It's been reliable for over 2k rds. I did have a trigger job done on it to lighten the double action trigger pull. It was horrible. Now it is smooth and you can pull the trigger slow and smoothly back until it fires without pulling off target.

View attachment 156457
    The porting is eating away at the front sight. Need to get a new one it's getting hard to see. And steel wool isn't brightening it any more.

oops? did you mean to post this in the 'first handgun thread???

Ddoty1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Indianapolis

View attachment 156457
    I have the exact same one and love it i recently did a trigger job on mine myself and honestly its my favorite gun to shoot but i cant get the port burns off when i did the trigger job i re polished the whole gun and still nothing gets them off there the picture was pre polish and trigger job 20180605_164525.jpg

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    In my opinion, you should only give the info that gets the deal done..ie offer with reasoning. Every thing else you add just extends the interaction and possibly makes them think this is the one your heart desires. Then the price becomes firm. Generally speaking, from my experience, you have to wear down people over months for them to budge or you'll get lucky and someone will have already worn them down. In which they cave immediately. If there's an argument out of the gate with your offer(if it's reasonable) your dealing with the former.

Top Bottom