• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    She is such a beast! I am excited to see the Miesha Tate rematch there is talk of... Hopefully she tears her up too but it should be much more competitive.

Didn't they already have a rematch? What is left to prove against tate?

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    Hi all.
    A year or two ago while working as a Ref in a pro boxing show on "Showtime" I found myself sitting next
    to "Mayweather" here in Cincy. I have seen him fight. I have also stood a few feet from Ronda at MMA sports
    functions and watched her fight two opponents.
    Rowdy vs Mayweather:
    It is my humble opinion she would - if not caught by a lucky combo from MW - would tie him up and
    the fight would only last as long as he can stay on his feet ..... No longer!

Be safe all.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thaddfiala/6423072689/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    One of the trainers pours water down the front of her trunks

Here's a GIF

I read it could be for a couple of reasons... The cold water in an area like that (even as a man) wakes you up like none other. Also, apparently cold water in that area could help to cool the blood down in your body. Dunno. It was humorous though.

I can just imagine a humorous exchange with the trainer..."EXCUSE me, do I know you? Cool down WHAT? I was only in the ring 35 seconds, buzz off creep..."

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    I can just imagine a humorous exchange with the trainer..."EXCUSE me, do I know you? Cool down WHAT? I was only in the ring 35 seconds, buzz off creep..."

What that usually is - is Ice water mixed with amonia ... it takes "the buckett challange" to a whole new level after you've been sweating!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why they are fighting for a third time is beyond me. Ronda should just take 2 years off and then maybe they will have someone new for her to fight.

There is someone out there, Cyborg, the gal that essentially ended Gina Carano's career. I think she's (Cyborg) in a higher weight class tho.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Pfft, let my mom take a wooden spoon into the octagon and she'd take her.:coffee:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    There is someone out there, Cyborg, the gal that essentially ended Gina Carano's career. I think she's (Cyborg) in a higher weight class tho.

Carano came back after over a year off (and in an unofficial retirement) to fight for $$$, and then officially retired after the match. She wasn't in her prime. Cyborg walks around with ill gotten gains in the muscular/strength dept from years of anabolic steroid abuse. You can see it in her facial structures when comparing photos from early in her career compared to today. Women that abuse anabolic steroids develop very man like facial features, this isn't the only masculine changing effect, but one of the more obvious.

Despite this, if she makes weight Ronda would fight her. Cyborg has been trying to get her to meet her at a catch weight because she knows to cut to 135 would take away a lot of her strength.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    hell i'm waiting for dana white so say F**K it, let her fight the men!

She might get what she wants eventually.

In an interview before the show, Rousey had some choice words for Mayweather, who has been pleaded guilty to multiple charges of domestic violence against women over the years. Rousey wondered "how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once."

Could Ronda Rousey beat Floyd Mayweather? - Business Insider
    This is why Ronda Rousey dissed Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the ESPYs | MMAjunkie

She was pretty deadpan when she said it. I could see her giving it a shot. Not sure how that fight would turn out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    She might get what she wants eventually.

Could Ronda Rousey beat Floyd Mayweather? - Business Insider
    This is why Ronda Rousey dissed Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the ESPYs | MMAjunkie

She was pretty deadpan when she said it. I could see her giving it a shot. Not sure how that fight would turn out.

Under boxing rules, no way she'd win. Under MMA? That'd be the interesting bout.

...but, say we could get Conor McGregor to cut a few pounds....I'm afraid that it wouldn't be pretty if he approached the fight like he would with a male opponent.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Under boxing rules, no way she'd win. Under MMA? That'd be the interesting bout.

...but, say we could get Conor McGregor to cut a few pounds....I'm afraid that it wouldn't be pretty if he approached the fight like he would with a male opponent.

I'd like to see Mighty Mouse fight Ronda...he'd dance around her all day long!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...but, say we could get Conor McGregor to cut a few pounds....I'm afraid that it wouldn't be pretty...

You have a gift for understatement.;)

In individual sports involving speed, women are usually 10% off the pace of men. In sports where strength is most important it jumps to 15%. In a sport like MMA? Nobody knows, but I say he'd mop the floor with her, as long as he doesn't mind hitting a girl.:dunno:

One of my son's friends is a division one college wrestler. The first time he had to wrestle a girl was in middle school. She was good. Beat several boys in a tournament to get a shot at my son's friend who was the favorite to win. When he faced her, it was horrible to watch. The kid was like a 70 pound wild animal in a normal match, but he went nuts on the poor girl. I looked over at his dad in horror, who gave me one of these :dunno: and says, whadda expect, he has 3 older sisters. His dad, being the chivalrous type, raised the boy to not fight with the girls. When he got his chance to do it on the wrestling mat, he wanted payback for all the torment he endured from his sisters.

If McGregor has older sisters, I'd give her about 10 seconds.:laugh:

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Under MMA rules, she'd beat Mayweather if they fought tomorrow. If he has ANYONE smart around him, a pre-Rousey training camp would be 95% geared around avoiding getting tossed on his head or dragged to the ground, where he would have less than a snowball's chance in hell. If he listened and learned to avoid that, he'd win. Fortunately, he has a LOT of experience running from the other fighter, so he's got that going for him. I think most of you would be surprised at how much good technique can overcome size and strength.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Under MMA rules, she'd beat Mayweather if they fought tomorrow. If he has ANYONE smart around him, a pre-Rousey training camp would be 95% geared around avoiding getting tossed on his head or dragged to the ground, where he would have less than a snowball's chance in hell. If he listened and learned to avoid that, he'd win. Fortunately, he has a LOT of experience running from the other fighter, so he's got that going for him. I think most of you would be surprised at how much good technique can overcome size and strength.

Her judo is insane. She could throw the majority of male fighters her size IMO. I don't think they have trained with someone of her caliber when it comes to throwing. Whether she can take a punch from a top tier male fighter, who knows.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    She spars almost exclusively with 180+lb men. Her Judo is near flawless, her speed and flexibility would give a equally sized male a VERY good run for their money.
    Skills at using leverage can accomplish great feats.

Top Bottom