• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Taking a look at other messages on the Twitter feed, I get a feeling that it wasn't RP who said that, but a minion. He needs to better control the message and his helpers.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Taking a look at other messages on the Twitter feed, I get a feeling that it wasn't RP who said that, but a minion. He needs to better control the message and his helpers.

This^

He signs his tweets R E P. I can't believe that he would ever consider saying that. He's a veteran for God's sake. As mrjarrell said, it's time he examines those that may speak or make statements on his behalf.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    If one of us non sniper non marines took some one unstable to a shooting range it would be considered bad judgment at the very least.

So i do see his point.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If one of us non sniper non marines took some one unstable to a shooting range it would be considered bad judgment at the very least.

So i do see his point.

I agree with the second part depending on the severity of the PTSD or the stage of treatment. Perhaps reintroducing shooting would come a the end of the process. I don't know anything about the story except what has been reported.

The first part is simple grandstanding. Using a tragedy to push your political agenda. Nothing constructive comes of that. Very tacky. It will get you a few slaps on the back from isolationists and those still confused about international policy, but overall you come across as a hack opportunist who ignores the reality of national security.

The reaction in his twitter feed is all negative. It also seems to indicate that shooting can be an effective therapy. I don't know enough to comment on that.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    And whomever wrote that tweet doesn't understand the meaning of that Bible passage (Revelations 13:10).

It is referring to murderers, thieves, and other criminals that use violence to commit evil. The Bible clearly does not consider a soldier the equivalent to a criminal.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I don't know if this is RP or not. I'm surprised he has a twitter account as I've never known him to be a man of few words.

Set aside the twitter and the politics for a moment and there's still a fair point to be made. This seal did four tours in Iraq and is one of the best trained shooters in the world. And a gun didn't save his life on this day.

To make the argument that gun ownership is the final word in personal defense, public defense and in the pushing back of tyranny is questionable.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    If this did come from ron paul, **** on him. The second part is a valid thought whether right or wrong. The first part is pure crap, puts him in the ranks of the west borough Baptist pieces of trash in my eyes.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    On your paucity of fact ...

I<snip> "This seal did four tours in Iraq and is one of the best trained shooters in the world. And a gun didn't save his life on this day." [[what will you say if both of them were shot in the back?? And The Founding Fathers said EXACTLY that gun ownership IS a final word, and is NOT a question, but an answer. So WHAT do YOU tell us IS the "final word", beyond questionable, to use your phrase? ]]

To make the argument that gun ownership is the final word in personal defense, public defense and in the pushing back of tyranny is questionable.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I've never seen Ron Paul fail to use punctuation.

I enjoyed this comment.

You would say some thing like that .....sad how you see anyone who wears a uniform or vets are the enemy ...am a retired military man and at one time had you on his friend list....your comments in the last 6 months concern me lumping all vets in one group as evil and part of the agenda ....... A lot of vets see and are Agaist the Agenda BTW........ i have meet this man he was a hero and a patriot ...... so many have gave so much for you to have the right and ability to say what you said in your comments... :patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You would say some thing like that .....sad how you see anyone who wears a uniform or vets are the enemy ...am a retired military man and at one time had you on his friend list....your comments in the last 6 months concern me lumping all vets in one group as evil and part of the agenda ....... A lot of vets see and are Agaist the Agenda BTW........ i have meet this man he was a hero and a patriot ...... so many have gave so much for you to have the right and ability to say what you said in your comments... :patriot:

If I called you evil, please point it out. I don't know what you are referring to.

My last comment wasn't an attack on vets. I don't know how you interpreted it to be anything negative towards anyone -- except the chump staffer who wrote that "tweet" under Ron Paul's name.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Heh. Can't pass this one off on an "overzealous staffer" like you did the newsletters, Mr. Paul. If your son has a lick of sense he will get you out of the media game. 30 years of shame is a tough road to hoe if you have D.C. aspirations. Of course, Rand has his own brand of newsletter rhetoric, so who knows. Perhaps the family has some data on the strength of the neo-confederats' ability to secure votes.

Top Bottom