• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What a insensitive thing to put out there. Geez RP....

And it's just things like this that demonstrate why RP could never have been elected president. As right as he may have been on any number of things, a politician cannot go around, wrecklessly blurting stupid things like this.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ron Paul is and has always been one weird dude. You never know what kind of silliness will come from his warped brain.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Is this a Libertarian thing?
    What do Gary Johnson and Andrew Horning say about Mr. Kyle?

That don't matter, they are too busy pissing on freedom and using sources that are easily on the record of hating Mr. Paul to actually go see what the LP candidates say.

And yeah I am a vet and had my share of getting shot at. I see nothing wrong with RPs opinion, he is entitled to it, and he deosn't even demand I agree with it.

Haters will always hate.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That don't matter, they are too busy pissing on freedom and using sources that are easily on the record of hating Mr. Paul to actually go see what the LP candidates say.

And yeah I am a vet and had my share of getting shot at. I see nothing wrong with RPs opinion, he is entitled to it, and he deosn't even demand I agree with it.

Haters will always hate.

I don't get it? Do you mean Dr. Paul is a hater?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is this a Libertarian thing?
    What do Gary Johnson and Andrew Horning say about Mr. Kyle?
    To the best of my knowledge, neither has addressed it. Why should they? Thousands of people die in the country every day and go unremarked. Many of them are vets. Oh, and Mr. Paul is a libertarian, not a Libertarian.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    So is it ok for people to come out just days after RP dies and say good riddance? Or would the RP supporters call that insensitive to his family. "He was a congressman have some respect", they will say. Think about the shoe on the other foot before you put it in your mouth RP.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't know if this is RP or not. I'm surprised he has a twitter account as I've never known him to be a man of few words.

Set aside the twitter and the politics for a moment and there's still a fair point to be made. This seal did four tours in Iraq and is one of the best trained shooters in the world. And a gun didn't save his life on this day.

To make the argument that gun ownership is the final word in personal defense, public defense and in the pushing back of tyranny is questionable.

Impressive. Chubby Checker would be envious of that twist.

It is, at best, disingenuous to try to spin this incident as being analogous to the potential for citizen-held arms to repel tyrants.

For whatever reason, right or wrong, Kyle trusted Routh, else he never would have turned his back on him. As you said, well-trained, four tours, still alive after that.

That element of trust would be conspicuously absent in a tyrant-serf relationship, and the occurrence of casually turning one's back on the tyrant or his minion is not likely to be frequent under such circumstances.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To the best of my knowledge, neither has addressed it. Why should they? Thousands of people die in the country every day and go unremarked. Many of them are vets. Oh, and Mr. Paul is a libertarian, not a Libertarian.

I just wondered if they wouldn't address it in light of the prominent Mr. (Dr.?) Paul's comments? Aren't they all libertarians?

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I don't get it? Do you mean Dr. Paul is a hater?

No, I'm not saying Dr. Paul is a hater. He is what he is. He is a fairly outspoken critic of many of this nations illadvised stances and policies. If what he says comes true (often does) after just a few short years, just how weird or kooky is he? Those are terms the imperialists who masquerade as conservatives in todays world use to describe Dr. Paul.

Most conservatives are hater, haters of actual freedom and their actions and words always prove it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So is it ok for people to come out just days after RP dies and say good riddance? Or would the RP supporters call that insensitive to his family. "He was a congressman have some respect", they will say. Think about the shoe on the other foot before you put it in your mouth RP.
    If RP were to drop dead tomorrow at noon, there would be people here at 12:05 saying just that. While I'm not a big fan or supporter of Mr. Paul's, I've seen plenty of vitriol spewed his way and fully expect to see more when he does pass away.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I just wondered if they wouldn't address it in light of the prominent Mr. (Dr.?) Paul's comments? Aren't they all libertarians?
    Why should they address anything that he says? He's a grownup and has to own his own words. They're not republican spokespeople. They speak for the LP, not retired republicans.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If RP were to drop dead tomorrow at noon, there would be people here at 12:05 saying just that. While I'm not a big fan or supporter of Mr. Paul's, I've seen plenty of vitriol spewed his way and fully expect to see more when he does pass away.

That they would wait so long.

You sir, are an optimist...unless you're just thinking of the delay in reporting of the event ;)

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I<snip> "This seal did four tours in Iraq and is one of the best trained shooters in the world. And a gun didn't save his life on this day." [[what will you say if both of them were shot in the back?? And The Founding Fathers said EXACTLY that gun ownership IS a final word, and is NOT a question, but an answer. So WHAT do YOU tell us IS the "final word", beyond questionable, to use your phrase? ]]

I don't think there is a final word. I think there's a reason the constitution is amendable. The debate will always be ongoing.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    No, I'm not saying Dr. Paul is a hater. He is what he is. He is a fairly outspoken critic of many of this nations illadvised stances and policies. If what he says comes true (often does) after just a few short years, just how weird or kooky is he? Those are terms the imperialists who masquerade as conservatives in todays world use to describe Dr. Paul.

Most conservatives are hater, haters of actual freedom and their actions and words always prove it.

really.......he's words were wrong Kyle best friend who is also a seal was just told tonight in a CNN interview about Ron Pauls comment he stated he didn't know about it until now and would not comment he can't not say words he would like to use on TV. You can see he was clearly upset....i voted for Ron Paul .....i now see it was a mistake i will not be fooled again by a hater... he's blaming he's views of he's nonsupport of the 2 wars on the troops who fought in them its clear by his comments.
    it was wrong to are troops who fought in Nam ...and its wrong now......:patriot:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't think there is a final word. I think there's a reason the constitution is amendable. The debate will always be ongoing.

Yes. It may be amended. There is a high bar for this for a reason.

It would be nice if those on one side of the alleged debate would at least be honest about this and try to amend the Constitution by repealing the Second Amendment rather than continually doing end runs.

What would be nicer would be enough people on the other side realizing that end runs eventually lead to the end zone...it just takes a bit longer.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10152285499876686

on Ron Pauls facebook page

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

on the comments
    A lot of supporters are saying they can no longer do so..after he's comments

and you see comment of those hard core RP supporter who say this:
    Ron Paul was 100% correct! The troops are hired mercenaries for the military industrial complex.

yes lets blame the troops for the wars how sad........:patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

yes lets blame the troops for the wars how sad........

The above comment doesn't reflect negatively on the troops.

I'm not following you on this thread.

Top Bottom