Road rage and self-absorbed douchery on the roadway on the rise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    That would be the correct personality disorder terms.
    I'm aware they have become somewhat of 'Buzz Words' in the recent past,
    But I'm talking strictly clinical definitions.

See the Sociopathy Scale tests mental health professionals use.
    It rates a person in 20 to 40 traits narcissists/sociopaths/psychopaths have in common (including lying in the test).

Narcissist, Extreme Narcissist, Sociopath in ascending order.

These are the people that are taught, or learn by experience, the personality disorder increases as they get away with more & more.

Psychopaths are born void of 'Normal' conscience or empathy,
    Or in some cases, brain trauma/damage removes the empathic abilities.

It's a pretty interesting field of research, and it helps me when dealing with the ever increasing number of narcissists/sociopaths that are feeding off each other, escalating and self radicalizing.
    I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That would be the correct personality disorder terms.
    I'm aware they have become somewhat of 'Buzz Words' in the recent past,
    But I'm talking strictly clinical definitions.

See the Sociopathy Scale tests mental health professionals use.
    It rates a person in 20 to 40 traits narcissists/sociopaths/psychopaths have in common (including lying in the test).

Narcissist, Extreme Narcissist, Sociopath in ascending order.

These are the people that are taught, or learn by experience, the personality disorder increases as they get away with more & more.

Psychopaths are born void of 'Normal' conscience or empathy,
    Or in some cases, brain trauma/damage removes the empathic abilities.

It's a pretty interesting field of research, and it helps me when dealing with the ever increasing number of narcissists/sociopaths that are feeding off each other, escalating and self radicalizing.
    I was laughing because the irony of YOU saying that.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

Wouldn't that depend on the party/party goers since they make the decision if you were acceptable or not?

I mean if it was a room full of toothless, slack jawed, beer swilling inbred morons lighting farts, probably not so much...

I do OK at events with working class folks, I have a lot on common with them and apparently haven't offend them since I get invited back every year.

I didn't do so well with the highest 2% I.Q. people, they talk endlessly but never come to a conclusion/solution about anything...

I don't do well with trailer park drunken meth-head types, can't relate to them and don't think their stores about cheating, lying, stealing are entertainment.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fit in at the soccer mom/"Karen" events either, not that I've attended one out side of the housewives turning up their noses at the working class at other social events.

I know a lot of them don't like my memory, for a bunch of them I was there when they were young and dumb doing what every young & dumb person does, and they don't like being remembered that way...

I would say that old adage about "Birds Of A Feather.." applies.

I'd MUCH rather drink some beers while holding fishing poles with friends on a nice day than go to a 'Party' anyway,
    Maybe stand around then BBQ grill, watch some of the younger folks do something stupid while having beers...?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Wouldn't that depend on the party/party goers since they make the decision if you were acceptable or not?

I mean if it was a room full of toothless, slack jawed, beer swilling inbred morons lighting farts, probably not so much...

I do OK at events with working class folks, I have a lot on common with them and apparently haven't offend them since I get invited back every year.

I didn't do so well with the highest 2% I.Q. people, they talk endlessly but never come to a conclusion/solution about anything...

I don't do well with trailer park drunken meth-head types, can't relate to them and don't think their stores about cheating, lying, stealing are entertainment.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fit in at the soccer mom/"Karen" events either, not that I've attended one out side of the housewives turning up their noses at the working class at other social events.

I know a lot of them don't like my memory, for a bunch of them I was there when they were young and dumb doing what every young & dumb person does, and they don't like being remembered that way...

I would say that old adage about "Birds Of A Feather.." applies.

I'd MUCH rather drink some beers while holding fishing poles with friends on a nice day than go to a 'Party' anyway,
    Maybe stand around then BBQ grill, watch some of the younger folks do something stupid while having beers...?
    How do you do around self absorbed, arrogant douchenozzles? Just curious.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    TRUTH! ^^^

I am a full time IN resident but work at USMS HQ in Arlington, VA (my apt is in DC).
    The I95 corridor, I495 beltway, and I66 are all "disasterpieces." And while I should not judge, Maryland drivers are the worst. Horrible.

As for BBI's OP: We should all have a dash cam. Just look at YouTube to see how much of a savior a dash cam can be.
    Without one, it could be your word against theirs if no witnesses come forward.
    How'd ya like to be back there today?;)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am! Fortunately I can (and do) take the Metro to work most days. :cool:
    (Unfortunately Metro = Petri dish on rails.)
    My daughter's MIL was flying out there from Chicago on Saturday to meet the new grandbaby. Flight was cancelled for snow up here. She rescheduled for Monday and the flight was cancelled for snow out there.

Yesterday she said, screw it, I'm driving. I told her how to get to Quantico without taking I95. She hit no traffic until she turned off of 234 onto US1 south, late yesterday afternoon. That's about 3 miles from the gate at Quantico and her GPS said it would take 2 more hours to get there. I found her a slight shortcut that got her off US1 a little sooner that cut it down to 1-1/2 hours.:n00b:

Top Bottom