• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting in the monotony. The judge asked the jury if they wanted to plan to deliberate this evening or tomorrow. 8 out of 18 wanted to start deliberations tonight...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK- on the minor possession of firearm charge- it never should have gone this far because if the Wisconsin legislature meant to make it a crime for a minor to possess a firearm, it did a horrible job.

The main part of the law says:

"(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor."- Wis. Stat. § 948.60

However, that same section also includes exceptions and the exceptions, very nearly entirely swallows the rule it states:

"(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593."

So, let's break this down. The prohibition on a person only applies in 3 circumstances:

1- If there is a violation of section 941.28- this is the prohibition on SBRs and SBSs. If it was not a SBR, that part does not apply. The prosecution, just today, stipulated it was not a SBR.

2- If the minor is not incompliance with sections 29.304 or 29.593, the section applies. section 29.304 is about people between 12 and 16 hunting. It is inapplicable. Section 29.304 is, again, about hunting, so it does not apply.

Therefore, outside of the hunting context, the way the Wisconsin law is written, it is only illegal for a person under 18 to possess a rifle or shotgun if it is an SBR or SBS. The prohibition still applied to handguns.

IndyByteGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    8a58b2ba4ec8a389f57f4540ddbc08db.jpg

I’m not sure if any other angles exist, but the prosecution deciding to point a firearm at people is questionable.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    These idiotic claims the prosecutor is making about there being no need to shoot Rosenbaum are exactly what I was expecting to self-defense expert to refute and explain.

I am still flummoxed as to why the defense didn't show these videos and ask the SD expert to explain to the jury why self defense would have or wouldn't be warranted in these specific instances.

Because now Binger is just straight up lying about not being able to use deadly force when "you" bring the gun into the situation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    These idiotic claims the prosecutor is making about there being no need to shoot Rosenbaum are exactly what I was expecting to self-defense expert to refute and explain.

I am still flummoxed as to why the defense didn't show these videos and ask the SD expert to explain to the jury why self defense would have or wouldn't be warranted in these specific instances.

Because now Binger is just straight up lying about not being able to use deadly force when "you" bring the gun into the situation.
    Exactly why I am not watching

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    3 replies. quoting has gone sideways on my PC.

I would love to know what those 14% are smoking. Seriously, I'd love to talk to a couple of them

He wasnt hired. The car lot owner KR came to protect said he didnt ask ANYONE to protect his stuff. KR and friend took it upon themselves.

And

EEET AINT LOWDED! :n00b:

IndyByteGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Oh, and I hope he pointed that thing at multiple jurors that may have been on his side get so ticked off for it and swing their vote out of spite.

I have been watching on and off, but haven’t seen anything about the jury (box?) area. I just know it’s over on that side of the room.

That was my initial impression was point at, or close to jury to try and draw a fear response type of reaction.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Defense argument should be to the jury that you have to use self defense to save your self from a attacker. Its clear you used self defense, but they charge you with murder and then on the side they throw in "you pointed your weapon at them also." So then every police officer who ever has to fire his weapon to stop someone attacking them not only should be charged for murder, but wrongfully pointing their weapon at some one also.....thats the idiotic logic this prosecution is laying out. Why.....well we all know there are enough stupid idiots out there that voted Biden that chances are some are on the jury......thats the prosectors hope IMHO.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    3 replies. quoting has gone sideways on my PC.

I would love to know what those 14% are smoking. Seriously, I'd love to talk to a couple of them

He wasnt hired. The car lot owner KR came to protect said he didnt ask ANYONE to protect his stuff. KR and friend took it upon themselves.

And

EEET AINT LOWDED! :n00b:
    The 14% made up their minds the second they saw Kyle was white.

Top Bottom