• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Trying to intimidate jurors.

Seems like they should receive some protection for doing their civic duty.

It is, and both state and federal charges can be applied if (like all crimes) all the elements are met. A rant on facebook is unlikely to meet all the elements, at least to the satisfaction of a jury. I don't know the elements in WI for jury tampering or intimidation or if facebook ranter is even in the same state.

Generally speaking, there must be proof the person making the threats communicated them to the person who would be unduly influenced, and laws vary on how second-hand communication or overhearing unintentionally meet that requirement. I don't know enough about the topic to say what (if any) case law exists on social media posts not sent to the "victim" of the intimidation at the federal level or for WI.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The only charge I can see a jury saying guilty on...maybe is POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18. Is there any other lesser charges still in play? If they find him innocent becasue of self defense all the others should fold, leaving only the above.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is it just me or are both the prosecution and defense both incomprehensibly incompetent?

The court has made the case to such an astonishing degree even some lefties are flipping their view of the situation on twitter of all places. Yet I don't think the defense has capitalized on this at all, the prosecution made the entire case FOR THE DEFENSE!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

And the article says "... It is either the product of systemic errors or systemic racism..."

How is there racism in the trial? Every photo I have seen at the trial all the people look as white as a bag of Wonder Bread. Why didn't the article use purple?

I do agree with the article that the mainstream media is not reporting the real truth, just the truth as they wish it to be. Yesterday when Lefty was on the ABC Good Morning show with the journalist football player she didn't understand how as described by Lefty the shot was self-defense. I told her that Kyle was on his butt on the ground and Lefty was pointing a gun at Kyle. She was adamant that Kyle was walking down the street with his AR47 based on what she had seen over the last several days. Sadly the the journalist football player did not bother to challenge Lefty by showing him the photo of the gun with the red circle pointed at Kyle as his byecep was vaporized.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Abso-freakin'-lutely NOT....it was the liberal news media that missed John Black's Expert 'Use-of-Force' description of the events!
    Actually I went back and found that there was a pretrial ruling that he could not testify to anything like I asked. Seems pretty stupid.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Actually I went back and found that there was a pretrial ruling that he could not testify to anything like I asked. Seems pretty stupid.

IIRC it was to block someone from the prosecution testifying.

Which was still a bad call IMO, as that's something this case was sorely missing.

Top Bottom