• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let me guess, she liked being home soo much working from home, she decided to stay home and not work? LOL

Nope, she received a job offer from MISO making more money. I didn't ask if it's a remote position or not, but I'm assuming it is since she's on the South side like I am and driving to MISO's offices would be a pain.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Let me just run out and get an office job due to this article... :rolleyes:

Any CEO who lays off "remote workers first" is an absolute idiot. When you do layoffs, you look for the low hanging fruit. You fire those who are having issues, those who are under performing and then you look at where else you can trim the fat. Letting someone go just because they're remote is beyond stupid. Is their manager having issues with them? Are they having performance issues? If not, why would you let them go? Again, there's more of a management problem in the business world than a worker problem. If managers did their freaking jobs, they would know exactly who was performing well and who wasn't, regardless of where they sat.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Great article, even if it is from Microsoft. I would make those points 2, 3 and 4. Number 1 is, have your managers understand what each person under them should be doing from a productivity standpoint and then hold them accountable. It's very telling that 87% of workers say they're being productive while only 12% of managers are certain their people are being productive. As I have repeatedly said, it's a management issue, not a worker issue.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meanwhile I'm going to keep working from home and laughing at all these articles... :cool:
    In my company, there are some jobs that lend themselves to working remotely but most don’t. You have to be there to run the machines and manage the people. My particular job, I can do some at home but need to be there the majority of the time. I’ve heard remarks by a few of my co-workers, that are some of the “have to be there full time” people—there is obvious jealousy.

I get it. I watch my wife each morning get up maybe 10 minutes before she has to report in, walk down stairs, and be “at work”. Winter’s coming and it SUCKS to have to get up when it’s snowed all night and have to muck your way into the plant, fighting the weather and all of the other fraid-cat drivers all the way. It sucked much of the last 2 years, having to be on-stie and having to wear those stupid masks all the time. The WFH people didn’t have to do any of that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Passing along what comes in the news feed. You can take or leave what is in the news.

Just me, but it seems as though remote workers might want to stay informed to what business is reporting on their individual circumstances, in reference to employees working from home? :dunno:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Passing along what comes in the news feed. You can take or leave what is in the news.

Just me, but it seems as though remote workers might want to stay informed to what business is reporting on their individual circumstances, in reference to employees working from home? :dunno:

Not saying not to post them, but I do seem to see only negative ones from you.

From my perspective there are two things:

1) As I've said repeatedly, this is a management problem, not a worker problem. Unfortunately, execs hate to blame management for ANYTHING, so yes, there will be companies who have knee jerk reactions to bring employees back to the office and/or let them go. Anthem is a great example of this (er, sorry, Elevance Health or whatever they call themselves now).
    2) My group, not my company, but my group has been told we can stay remote for as long as we'd like. We are a unique role that has zero need to be in the office to do our work. This may change down the road, but if so I'll just look for another remote position. My belief is that there will always be remote positions, you just have to look for them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Funny how everything the media says is a blatant lie when you don't like it, but it's gospel when it agrees with your predetermined viewpoint. The same media that knows nothing about the "truth" suddenly knows about individual circumstances in thousands of unrelated companies in hundreds of various fields.

Also weird how no positive news about work from home ever pops up in your news feed.

But thanks for "sharing."

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom