• Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Twist my arm. I'm in.

My set up has changed completely since I did this one a couple of years ago. It will be fun to try a couple of different configurations. I will likely give the 12.5" BCM pistol some run this time around.

Don't sleep on this class folks. This instruction would be a value at double or triple the price. At just $100, you more than make up for the higher cost of ammo. Way too many spots left open.
    I think we were at the same one. Bedford in '19? Day one it snowed, rained, and sleeted. Day 2 had 30+ mph cross wind.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    This is the first time I’ve seen this thread somehow. I’m going to make sure the coast is clear with the wifey that day, but I’m very likely in.

I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years as a wrecker/convoy mechanic, but I’ve been out for almost 2 years and could use some brushing up.

The thing I’ve learned over the years is that there’s ALWAYS something new to learn.

FYI, extended forecast looks like it might turn around just in time for that weekend.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    There’s also going to be some squatting , kneeling, laying and more so bring ibuprofen.
    Looks like I'll need to come up with a good safe word by then.

Mr Nads, I haven't yet settled on a rifle choice for that day, so brush up on both your AUG-centric and Garand-centric teaching points.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Mmmm, slaps AND squeezes... :grabass:

You better settle down -- I've been excited about this since December!
    It's always difficult for us Yanks (Northern & American) to find a place to practice movement, so I'm heartbroken about it. I'm sure these folks are going to have a great time.

You all have opened my eyes to the advantages yielded by & dedication required for keeping your skills sharp and ready to go. From the 4 basics of effective marksmanship, through malfunctions & movement/cover. Actively exercising ALL of those skills without conscious thought allows you to stay grounded in the moment.

If I could convince just 2 new shooters to come and practice their craft...
    This is the first time I’ve seen this thread somehow. I’m going to make sure the coast is clear with the wifey that day, but I’m very likely in.

I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years as a wrecker/convoy mechanic, but I’ve been out for almost 2 years and could use some brushing up.

The thing I’ve learned over the years is that there’s ALWAYS something new to learn.

FYI, extended forecast looks like it might turn around just in time for that weekend.
    Hope you can make it. Always fun to blow out the cobwebs.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011

Mr Nads, I haven't yet settled on a rifle choice for that day, so brush up on both your AUG-centric and Garand-centric teaching points.
    Roger the safe word comment.
    It’s a lot harder getting up and down loaded with gear the older we get.
    I believe I have a Garand guru attending and he’s maybe running a WW2 carbine. We will be ‘slung up’ most of the day if that affects your selection.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through

i don’t know whether to be more impressed with your manliness for even considering a Garand for this class, or the fact that you have 250 rounds of 30-06 to burn!?!?!?

Chesty Puller approves!

1613053138174.jpeg

Chesty: ‘This is my approval face/smile’

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    For a while there, it was looking like it would be a little too warm. With mid 30s or more after three snowfalls, it was gonna be Mud Rasslin With Nigel. But we may dodge the great thaw by a couple of degrees.

Can still have Snow Rasslin’ With Nigel. Will just fantasize about mud.

The safe word is “Harder”.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Time to get off of the fence. I'll get my ticket today.

I'll probably run my National Postal Meter M1 Carbine ... 'Neither snow, nor rain, nor gloom of Lost Creek Conservation Club on a winter morning stays this War Baby from the swift delivery of its appointed rounds.'

Last edited:

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Just signed up...didn’t realize hesitation to confirm permission with the wifey would cost me an extra $10.

To be clear, does SHE owe me $10 now?

Regardless, don’t spend it all in one place :spend:

Edit to add: To be crystal clear, if Mr. Nads is half as handsome as you guys tell me, the extra cost is a drop in the bucket and not really a concern.

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Shooters:
    No surprises regarding the weather.
    Dress in layers.
    You will still need to hydrate.
    If your optic used batteries, bring extra’s (same for ear pro).
    Bring loaded mags.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Should we bring skis for the biathlon portion of the event?
    You'll be provided with grocery bags and encouraged to adapt, improvise and overcome.

Do snow forts count as cover or only concealment? Do those require an overnight re-freezing to be effective?
    Asking for a friend...

Will we need any loaded down to 5, 10, or 15 rounds?
    I've found that having an empty in the dump pouch/pocket can be useful, if you've got 3 or more full of joy.
    Load 3/5/x rounds into that empty for reloading drills or zero checks.

You will likely empty one of those full mags during the first drills anyway.

The implication might be "Ammo in your magazine(s) is often more useful than any other kind."

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    No need to download.
    Just seems like some folks always show up with empty mags so figured I’d give the INGO crew a heads up. Better to load em up now in the warm. There will be empty mags when we need them.

Top Bottom