• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    The Kimber K6s is awesome in my opinion, such a sweet trigger with the 38+P not so much with 357 magnum Lol. Bought and sold one and 6mos later had to replace it, very nice.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “I believe the roll check he is taking about is watching the revolver timing “ I may be incorrect.

No, it is about ensuring that the revolver will function when you need it.

Lots of people carrying guns that have no idea what they are doing with them. No big surprise in the gun culture, only 1 in 75-100 knows what he or she is doing or have training deeper than the gun counter.

I have a solution, you knew I would say that.:D Make gun schooling, tuition and expenses, an above the line tax deduction and raise the educational median in the gun culture.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Lots of people carrying guns that have no idea what they are doing with them. No big surprise in the gun culture, only 1 in 75-100 knows what he or she is doing or have training deeper than the gun counter. I have a solution, you knew I would say that.:D Make gun schooling, tuition and expenses, an above the line tax deduction and raise the educational median in the gun culture.

I concur...make gun safety as important as a good driver's education class in preparing to handle a firearm properly and safely!
    And to realize that some of the people behind the gun counter don't know what they are doing and saying, if you've ever actually
    listened to some of them, doesn't help with the situation!

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I forgot about the K6S. I have tried the trigger on one of those at a gun shop. Although I prefer to have a single action option, the trigger is SO good on the Kimber that I would likely choose it over any J frame. Especially considering the 6 shot capacity vs 5 in the S&W. Cost is a factor, of course...but I'd consider the Kimber a "Buy once, cry once" thing. I don't need a snub revolver, but if I find a nice used K6S at a good price, I will snap it up. Just because.

I only have one snub now, a 1970's S&W Model 36 nickel. I never carry it, but I'll never sell it either.

I have a K6S that I love, the real issue is that it's such a long cry for such a little gun.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    I have had a spurred hammer catch in clothing during the draw in CC competitions. I prefer a spurless hammer or "hammerless". I shoot spurless as well as I do the same gun in single action. Anyone carry a shrouded hammer and ever get something in the slot below the hammer spur? I have a "Carmonized" hammer and worry a little about the open area collecting crude.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Great read! :thumbsup:
    I've tried out nearly all of the 5 round & many 6 round revolvers in over 3.5 years.
    I've bought revolvers in the $200 range, $300 range, $400 range, & I tried out a few in the $600 range that really spoiled me.

I ended up totally happy with the Kimber 6s & have had it for 16 months, longer than any other revolver.
    I carry it much of the time in a N8 Tactical Tuckable IWB holster which makes it disappear.

I learned early on that the snubbie revolvers weren't going to be fun range guns, they were only tools, so a hammer ended up not being a factor.

It is "identical" in size to the light Ruger LCRx .38 sp, and the Kimber has that additional 6th round in it, so that's a big plus.
    The Kimber being DAO & hammerless with the size of a .38 with nice big white round sights on it made it a keeper.

After having so many revolvers with about 3 or 4 others of the Kimber class, I'm totally happy with it.
    I love that sweet trigger, so smooth, and even thought the grips are small I never needed to get bigger ones b/c it doesn't beat up the hand like the SW 642 Airweight or other J frames.

zachcz & I went to 3 gun shops today in Noblesville, Carmel & Greenfield & I saw a Kimber for sale for $999 in Greenfield.
    I got mine Sept. 2019 before the covid craziness for $625 & am grateful.

7NFRetv.jpg

Yp4fQXB.jpg

I'm a very average shot, but I think I could improve on this.
    2 cylinders in the head & 2 in the torso using different ammo.
    m9MeVGB.jpg

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If I was going to get a snub .38, I'd get a 638 so that it would be snag-free and I could shoot it inside a coat pocket while still being able to cock the hammer for 25yd head shots etc

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you're going to carry it in a pocket or purse or anywhere a hammer can snag and impede deployment of the weapon you should choose hammerless. If its riding on your side a hammer is fine. All revolvers should have a trigger job done on them to smooth them out. My Ruger Lcrx has a nice smooth trigger out of the box. Some may not need a trigger job. But my Taurus Model 44 it was a nightmare double action. It got a trigger job and it's smooth and easy to hold on target and you can get good fast shots with it. Not 9mm fast but fast for a big magnum revolver.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My daughter-in-law was here Saturday with my son and grandkids. She wanted to try several guns, autos and revolvers. The 640 win over Colts, Berettas, Ruger, and Springfields. The S&W 640-1 is a J-Frame double action only gun. She liked how smooth the pull was and that it did not have a hammer spur to hit her hand.

Top Bottom