• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    For the longest time I owned a High Standard 22lr 9 shot. Thinking about, I have not shot it for years. I have no good reason why.
    Once I pulled the trigger on the Chiappa Rhino. I fell in love with a Wheel gun. Now I have a 4 and 5 inch barrel.
    If I ever have money burning a hole in my pocket. I would pick up the 6 inch.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    For the longest time I owned a High Standard 22lr 9 shot. Thinking about, I have not shot it for years. I have no good reason why.
    Once I pulled the trigger on the Chiappa Rhino. I fell in love with a Wheel gun. Now I have a 4 and 5 inch barrel.
    If I ever have money burning a hole in my pocket. I would pick up the 6 inch.

My dad carries the high standard double nine as his woods gun, it was the first pistol I ever shot. I finally added one to my stash, hard to find and a delight to shoot. They are dandies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a few wheel guns myself. I've really really been wanting a single action color case hardened .357 with brass trigger guard. Uberti, Taylor's or even a Pietta.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Sorry, I forgot about the 1887. They are allowed and are pretty fast in the right hands. The 1897 is the only pump shotgun allowed.

A few years back I went over to Middletown, Ohio, to shoot in the SASS Midwest Regional.
    There was a guy in my posse who was a Bull Fighter (what we used to call a Rodeo Clown) by profession and this guy kept us in stitches during the whole match.

He was shooting an original 1887 Winchester lever shotgun, not one of the new reproductions. It's been my experience at matches that these models have a tendency to be a bit cranky, and his was no exception.

We decided that this gun was named "G*D DAMN IT," owing to the fact that for a good percentage of the time while he on the line trying to fire the thing he was pounding on it and passionately addressing it by name.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI

A few years back I went over to Middletown, Ohio, to shoot in the SASS Midwest Regional.
    There was a guy in my posse who was a Bull Fighter (what we used to call a Rodeo Clown) by profession and this guy kept us in stitches during the whole match.

He was shooting an original 1887 Winchester lever shotgun, not one of the new reproductions. It's been my experience at matches that these models have a tendency to be a bit cranky, and his was no exception.

We decided that this gun was named "G*D DAMN IT," owing to the fact that for a good percentage of the time while he on the line trying to fire the thing he was pounding on it and passionately addressing it by name.

I have an original in my safe, that a friend loaned to me. I need to load some low pressure rounds for it.

I have seen shooters load two rounds at a time, one in the mag tube and one in the chamber. The shots were very fast. I don't know if they did any mods to the guns, but I was really impressed.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I like to collect S&W revolvers with police markings on them. I have an Indiana State Police Model 66, West Virginia State Police 686, Kentucky State Police 686, NYPD Transit Model 10, Model 10 that the seller told me belonged to a Chicago Police Officer and I will be picking up a Wisconsin State Patrol S&W 66.
    Non law enforcement Smith's- 19-3 (4inch), 19-2(2.5inch), 13-3(4inch), 13-2or3(3inch), and 686 no dash or -1 (4inch). The other states I want to collect are North Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, and maybe one or two more. Would really like to see a S&W 29 that belonged to the Louisville Police Deptartment

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I like to collect S&W revolvers with police markings on them. I have an Indiana State Police Model 66, West Virginia State Police 686, Kentucky State Police 686, NYPD Transit Model 10, Model 10 that the seller told me belonged to a Chicago Police Officer and I will be picking up a Wisconsin State Patrol S&W 66.
    Non law enforcement Smith's- 19-3 (4inch), 19-2(2.5inch), 13-3(4inch), 13-2or3(3inch), and 686 no dash or -1 (4inch). The other states I want to collect are North Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, and maybe one or two more. Would really like to see a S&W 29 that belonged to the Louisville Police Deptartment
    I'm gonna send you a pm too, but found you an Ohio SP for sale.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    early 20's Police Postive's and late 60's Cobra....

D4GPq3X

D4GPq3X
    D4GPq3X.jpg

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    early 20's Police Postive's and late 60's Cobra....well pic's won't show up....:dunno:

D4GPq3X

D4GPq3X

If you're posting them from imgur via your phone, what I had to do was hold on the pic itself and copy that direct link to the clipboard. Then when posting, take the s off of https.

It took me a while to figure that out.

Test pic:
    lXyWAVd.jpg

Last edited:

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Cut my teeth on a Ruger Security Six some 29 years ago!! Love that gun! Started my career betting my life on a S&W 66 and 686! definitely "hit the fan" hardware!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Cut my teeth on a Ruger Security Six some 29 years ago!! Love that gun! Started my career betting my life on a S&W 66 and 686! definitely "hit the fan" hardware!

My first firearm was a Security Six nearly 45 years ago. Great revolver. Sorry I sold it. Have 4.2" GP100 now; a little beefier but great successor.

John

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always thought of the GP-100 and the SW 686 as two of the best values you could get in a .357.

Top Bottom