• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Congratulations. And in case you're wondering what you should do tomorrow morning at 4 am while I'm attempting to extract my cranium using a caffeinated crow bar, I suggest you roll over and go back to sleep. You lucky dog, you.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Made my last trip to work today. Tomorrow, I will be a free man after 43 years of employment with the USAF. I was blessed after 31 years of military service to transition to civil service. It all started back in 1979, right out of high school when I reported to basic training at Lackland AFB.

As I was cleaning out my desk, I found a sticky note with Church Mouse's phone number. Brought back some good memories of the first time I met him. He was a wonderful man.

I also have lots of good memories of the great people that I worked with. One of my favorite times was when I was a jet engine tech on the A-10s at Grissom. Engine max power runs were fun. View attachment 290338
    Congratulations and thanks for your service. That is a hell of an accomplishment. Enjoy your retirement. I used to visit my uncle in the 70’s at Grissom as a kid good times.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Congratulations. And in case you're wondering what you should do tomorrow morning at 4 am while I'm attempting to extract my cranium using a caffeinated crow bar, I suggest you roll over and go back to sleep. You lucky dog, you.
    Today, I was up at 03:30am to be at work by 5am. Sleeping until 6am is going to feel strange.

Tuesday, I've already planned to meet a friend for breakfast at 7am near Silver Lake. Wednesday, I will be attending Men's Bible study at 06:30 near North Webster. Thursday is a 40 mile morning ride with the Kokomo Lowrider recumbent trike club. Nothing on the schedule for Friday. May go shooting that morning.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Today, I was up at 03:30am to be at work by 5am. Sleeping until 6am is going to feel strange.

Tuesday, I've already planned to meet a friend for breakfast at 7am near Silver Lake. Wednesday, I will be attending Men's Bible study at 06:30 near North Webster. Thursday is a 40 mile morning ride with the Kokomo Lowrider recumbent trike club. Nothing on the schedule for Friday. May go shooting that morning.
    Seems to be the key when it comes to retirement...stay active

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

That’s how it’s done!

Hope to see more pictures from Alaska.
    Hope you can plan some travels, there is a lot to see if you haven’t already.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Made my last trip to work today. Tomorrow, I will be a free man after 43 years of employment with the USAF. I was blessed after 31 years of military service to transition to civil service. It all started back in 1979, right out of high school when I reported to basic training at Lackland AFB.

As I was cleaning out my desk, I found a sticky note with Church Mouse's phone number. Brought back some good memories of the first time I met him. He was a wonderful man.

I also have lots of good memories of the great people that I worked with. One of my favorite times was when I was a jet engine tech on the A-10s at Grissom. Engine max power runs were fun. View attachment 290338
    :rockwoot::woot:

Congrats and thank you for your service.

Top Bottom