• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    The all-you-can-eat is $19.99 all day Tuesday-Thursday and $21.99 Friday-Sunday. They are closed on Mondays.

Note that you can ask for the different menu regardless of the day of week. I find the best rolls to be on the weekend menu, so I pay the extra $2. More roll selection plus you can get sashimi from the weekend menu.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Wow, Ichiban is pretty reasonable.. and Monday Happy Hour? 1/2 off Rolls? Get outta here!

Meh...only the basic rolls are listed.

I had Ichiban and it was good. I just know for the same amount of food, it'd run me $22 at Sushi Club vs. $50+ at Ichiban or any other traditional sushi place.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    We ate at sushiyama last night in Noblesville, IN. My wife and I got 4 specialty rolls, one regular roll, seaweed salad, soda, and plum wine...total damage = 85.00 with tip. We had the mafia roll, dragon roll, sushiyama roll, eel roll, and rainbow roll. All were very tasty. Small environment. Quiet.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Note that you can ask for the different menu regardless of the day of week. I find the best rolls to be on the weekend menu, so I pay the extra $2. More roll selection plus you can get sashimi from the weekend menu.

Ah. I did not know sashimi wasn't on the weekday menu. Definitely worth the extra $2 then. :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Meh...only the basic rolls are listed.

I had Ichiban and it was good. I just know for the same amount of food, it'd run me $22 at Sushi Club vs. $50+ at Ichiban or any other traditional sushi place.

I can handle only the basic rolls for $2 to $3/roll. It would be great when I am craving sushi on a budget

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Took the wife to Sushi Club last night for our anniversary. The place was pretty slow, but the food was great as usual and the service was amazing. Our Miso and tempura were delivered before we even turned our sheets in. The server noticed we had them checked when she brought the drinks and went a head ant put them it. She was also very helpful with my hatred for mayo and made sure none of our rolls came slathered in it.

:drool:

410046944.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    By what method is the wasabi paste and ginger expected to be consume? I've always just left them alone to be discarded.

Well, the "dumb American" way (which I enjoy) is to mix some of the wasabi into a dish of soy sauce and dip. Traditionally, you would add a bit of wasabi to the piece you with either chopsticks or your finger right before eating the piece (whole, you're not supposed to take "bites") The pickled ginger is used to cleanse the palate between pieces.

I'm less likely to stick to traditional etiquette at a place like Sushi Club than I am if I'm sitting at a bar with the Chef preparing the rolls and serving me directly. That's more of an intimate experience and would be disrespectful to request changes and start dunking the rolls.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Well, the "dumb American" way (which I enjoy) is to mix some of the wasabi into a dish of soy sauce and dip. Traditionally, you would add a bit of wasabi to the piece you with either chopsticks or your finger right before eating the piece (whole, you're not supposed to take "bites") The pickled ginger is used to cleanse the palate between pieces.

I look at drowning your sushi with soy sauce to covering steaks in sauce or ketchup. I like the wasabi to add some heat but not just salt.the hell out of it via soy sauce.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I look at drowning your sushi with soy sauce to covering steaks in sauce or ketchup. I like the wasabi to add some heat but not just salt.the hell out of it via soy sauce.

Agreed! Also IMO, many of the rolls don't need any soy sauce. If I do dip, it's usually the Nigiri and only the tip of the fish side, never the rice. I see some people set the piece in the soy and roll it around to soak it up. Blech!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Agreed! Also IMO, many of the rolls don't need any soy sauce. If I do dip, it's usually the Nigiri and only the tip of the fish side, never the rice. I see some people set the piece in the soy and roll it around to soak it up. Blech!

I'm not going to get into the "dip vs. no dip" debate, the important thing is just eat the sushi!

Top Bottom