• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm taking the wife out to eat for her birthday this week and would like some recommendations. I'm trying to pick something that has a selection of sushi along with some regular food for a few in the group who don't eat seafood. I know most Japanese restaurants will have sushi, I'm just looking for some good reviews. We are not "experienced" sushi eaters so it doesn't have to be the best in the USA, just good tasting and not going to make us sick.

Trying to keep the price around $20-30 per person (Less if its possible)

So far, a friend suggested Kona Jacks (I think that was what it was called) Any more ideas??

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sushi club for your price range, Kona Jacks is good, Narita in Plainfield is very good, and Naked Tchopstix is very, very good! The last three are out of your range of pricing unless you have very few rolls or pieces.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We eat at Sapporo in Castleton quite a few times during the year. They have good sushi and a good menu of Japanese food to back up the rest of your party. Ocean World, on 86th Street is very good, too.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've never been to Sushi Club, but I have been here: Drakes Come Play |

I am no sushi expert by any means so idk if it is considered good or not, but I like it...and their other stuff (burgers, etc...) are mighty tasty too.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have tried sushi at several different places and don't understand the fascination with it. My boy just loves it though!

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I lived in Japan for over a decade and the best I have found in these parts is a place in Bloomington called .......... drum roll please........Sushi Bar.

I haven't been in there in a few years so I don't know if the same crew is behind the counter but at least they were Japanese and weren't Koreans posing as Japanese.

The thing you have to consider with Japanese food in the middle of the U.S. is that there's not much saltwater around here so you're kind of missing out on what really fresh maguro, ika and other sea critters taste like.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Sakura on Keystone, Kona Jack's on N. Meridian, Sushi Club on W. 10th, Hirosaki in Avon on 36. Kona Jack's is likely out of your price range. Sakura has a limited menu other than sushi and may also be out of your price range depending on what you order. Sushi Club is amazing but doesn't really have a non-sushi menu. Hirosaki has very good sushi and also a hibachi grille if you like, or a traditional menu for you to order from.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    if you'd actually show up to things when you say you are going to, you might get to try new things that you will probably like.

Ooo...-Burn%21.png

Top Bottom